Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry Forward Losses on active Rental Income from Partnership.

Level 3

I have a client with a rental property being reported on 1065 because 2 brothers own the property. The property generated losses, however the tax payer does not qualify to claim those losses due to high income. My question is how do the suspended losses get tracked in the program in the case they sell the property so we use the suspended losses against capital gains? 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Level 7

Form 1065 K-1 Worksheet; Box 2 for RRE.  See check boxes for Box 2.  [Presumably, the program should do the rest....but you'll want to check.]

Level 15

It is limited on the 1040.  On the K-1 worksheet under line 21 and on Form 8582.

Level 3

I don't see a box 2 on the K-1 worksheet, are you talking about Line 2 on the actual K-1, (Net Real Estate Income)?

0 Cheers