Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant seem to efile amendment *grrr* Any ideas?

snowshoe
Level 2

I did original return- after it was filed, judge ordered that non custodial parent could claim one of the children.  1040x was to reflect that change.  So, I *think* I followed instructions correctly, but I can't seem to efile.

The directions say that there will be warning about dup socials, which there is, in the amend column it says that it's marked for efile.  I have done reviews & I'm getting a rejection that says it's an identical return- which it's not, I've checked. I tried renaming to match original return, no luck.  

What am I missing?  Generally, we just have client mail in 1040X- however, she'd like it done pronto & have a submission record that she did it.  Help!

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The problems happen when people make a copy. You need to use the original file that you Efiled originally as the Amended file.

If you want to save a copy of the wrong original (I never do, I only keep a paper copy of the original wrong return), thats the one you Save As and give a new file name, uncheck those EF boxes on both fed and state, then save/exit, that removes it from the EFCenter.

Now go back to the original file, activate the 1040X, then make the changes, and mark it for EF.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪