Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print Client Presentation

twalsh
Level 2

I am unable to print the client presentation with the return, I get the following message in the print log:  "Microsoft Office 2007 or newer is required to print Client Presentation".  I have Microsoft 365 installed on my computer and have already tried reinstalling Proseries and repairing (and reinstalling) Microsoft Excel.  Proseries customer service says it is a Microsoft issue.  

Any suggestions?  I've used the Client Presentation for the last few years and without it, the final product for the client looks sloppy and incomplete.  

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

"final product for the client looks sloppy and incomplete"

Without it, the product looks like a tax return ---------- kinda like what folks are paying us for.  I have never used that client presentation and never will.  Probably 98.218448314% of my clients never look at their copy of the tax return, so they would never look at the client presentation.  Do you have more sophisticated clients that actually spend their time reviewing it, or do you use it just to make the tax return look pretty?

Slava Ukraini!
twalsh
Level 2

What is the point of your response?  If Proseries offers a feature that we pay for, it should work properly or do not offer it.  More importantly, customer support should be able to resolve the issue.  I will say, Proseries has made improvements with customer support response time, but it is now lacking in quality, 2 reps were unable to resolve the issue.  

To answer your question, yes, my clients do review their year over year and it's a great tool for me to explain differences from prior year in a way they can easily understand, which is what they pay me for!  I do not get paid to just churn numbers into a return, that's what Turbo Tax is for.  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

My point is, a lot of preparers just crank out bundles of paper to justify their bill or impress their client's, or both.  Sometimes it doesn't hurt to step back and ask "do I really need to do this".  If your customers, put it to use - great, more power to them and to you.  But you do mention you want to use features that you pay for.  Nobody here gets paid diddly to provide support, so don't get offended when somebody posts something that you may not find helpful ------------ you get what you pay for.

Slava Ukraini!
twalsh
Level 2

Fair point, I do not use it to justify my fees, so did not look at it from that perspective.  

Not offended at all.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Out of curiosity, do you have another computer you can try?  If you do that at least you might narrow it down to see if it is a ProSeries issue or a problem on your end.

Slava Ukraini!