Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Register as Tax Preparer?

h0250722
Level 3

I am a licensed CPA in Florida. I have one client I need to file 568 (LLC) for CA because he has an employee there. 

Can I just go ahead and efile for CA? I saw online that I would need a course and a bond??

Is this really necessary if I am just filing one LLC return per year?

www.ftb.ca.gov/tax-pros/california-tax-education-council.html

I have an active CPA License in FL, also an active PTIN and EFIN with the IRS. So is there anything I will need in order to efile a CA tax return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@h0250722 wrote:

I am a licensed CPA in Florida. I have one client I need to file 568 (LLC) for CA because he has an employee there. 

Can I just go ahead and efile for CA? I saw online that I would need a course and a bond??

I have an active CPA License in FL, also an active PTIN and EFIN with the IRS. So is there anything I will need in order to efile a CA tax return?

The course and bond is only if youre preparing returns in CA.  You shouldnt need anything extra to file a CA return when youre in another state.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@h0250722 wrote:

The course and bond is only if youre preparing returns in CA.  You shouldnt need anything extra to file a CA return when youre in another state.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪