Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And the world of the bizarre continues

IRonMaN
Level 15

So I run a projection and get federal estimates situated for next year.  Bop over to Minnesota and use the federal AGI for Minnesota estimates.  Click on the little box telling Minnesota what numbers I want to use for estimates and it shows $200/quarter.  Sounds good, print the return.  The client letter shows Minnesota estimates of $1200, not $200.  Say what?  Go back and make sure I didn't make a bad selection in Minnesota.  Nope, selections all look good.  Go back and look at the client letter - $1200/quarter.  Exit the client, go back into the client and click on Minnesota, print the letter ----------------$200/quarter.  This stuff is starting to get scary.

Slava Ukraini!
7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If you go back into it again, it may change your office phone number to 867-5309.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It already did that.  And now I have the Penelope twins sitting out front as receptionists.  It's weird stuff I tell you.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Any chance you’ve been nipping fireball a bit early and confused the I with the 1 ?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on numerous posts here, I saw what that stuff does to you so I would never touch the stuff.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Maybe it was one of the ghost tax preparers that the IRS is looking for.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think I screwed up and fed the gremlins after midnight.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Or fed the trolls?

That is a bit scary.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"