Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And the world of the bizarre continues

IRonMaN
Level 15

So I am working on a client that has **bleep** my head and start backtracking on the software.  The 2021 state taxes due shows he paid $2000 to Minnesota and $5000 to Montana.  In all of the years I have prepared his return, he has never filed anything other than a Minnesota return.  That is really bizarre and scary crap.  To the best of my knowledge, I prepared two MT returns last year one with $400 refund and one with a $200 balance due.  If anybody is missing a MT balance due for $5000 last year, you can quit looking I found it 😲

Slava Ukraini!
11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

"m e   s c r a t c h i n g" is now dirty language here.  Come on, give me a break.

Actually the post got butchered, I'm not sure what happened.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man that's what they just did to me on another post with dkh. Every time I tried typing my message in they would enter the word "bleep". It looks like they're going kookoo or maybe they want to get rid of you and me. It's past my bedtime.

abctax55
Level 15

I file one MT but they owed less than $ 100.

Maybe @qbteachmt  is the culprit 😎

That is a bit scary tho.

And if 'scratching' is a curse word, oh my.  My sailor mouth vocabular has just increased exponentially.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

"....maybe they want to get rid of you and me."

Ain't gonna' happen - the rest of us know where the pitchforks are hidden.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im in Facebook jail until Tuesday for posting 'throatpunch' in a comment  LOL

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

@PATAX  I have alerted the monitors to your filthy mouth using the word bedtime.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would try posting George Carlin’s 7 dirty words to see what flies but I’m too tired to walk to the principal’s office.  Maybe I’ll try those after April 18th.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Recently ass and pissed were allowed but not s.w.i.t.c.h

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

This place runs like a finely tuned Swiss watch —————that has been run over by a tank.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"is missing a MT balance due"

I'll claim a floating refund, if no one else wants it...but not a balance due. Thanks, anyway.

You likely would not be surprised how often I get packages addressed to "MO." When I provide the address, I use: "MT, as in, the empty state." MN, MO, MT; it's all the same, isn't it?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

And then there are people who address mail to Tucson, Arkansas.  (Or spell it Tuscon, because of the TUS airport code -- TUC was already taken by Tucuman, which has the country code of AR, just like the state code for Arkansas.)