Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a note generates automatic zero in that box the following year, causing problems.

LisaPap
Level 3

For the past 2 or 3 years I have noticed that when I have added a note to an input box, the following year there is a zero inserted in that box.  This creates problems in several ways; first being that the input box does not register as pink and not completed, so I lose the alert to make sure the box is completed.  And secondly, if it is a calculated cell, the automatic zero overrides the calculated amount - so if I don't catch it, the numbers can be thrown off.  I manage to catch many of these during a final review when the numbers don't make sense and I trace it back to an erroneous zero, wondering if I have missed a few.  It definitely makes me feel as if I am more prone to errors.  I use notes as reminders to myself (often reminders about strange ProSeries quirks to look out for, ironically) Best I could do is to try to move the reminder to a nearby input box that won't likely matter if a zero shows up there the following year.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here