Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$8,700 IRS stimulus check

PATAX
Level 15

This is trending now and pops up automatically on Google search. How do I get my check? Thanks for all your help.😉

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

You have to go to TikTok to find out.  All kinds of tax advice there. 

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

You have to go to TikTok to find out.  All kinds of tax advice there. 

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio I do not have Tick Tock account so I guess I'm out of luck. Oh well, maybe I'll qualify for the new economic stimulus credit.😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

They sent your check to me by mistake.  I'll forward it on to you.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Iron Man. You can mail the check to: Old Hollow Tree Road, Possum Valley, PA. The check will get here, as I am the only one that lives on this path, other than the possums.😉

qbteachmt
Level 15

OMG, stupid robot articles. AI ain't so intelligible.

You had better get with it and start popping out those children, if you want all that free money.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks QB. How about if Heidi has a litter of puppies? That should qualify shouldn't it? Didn't people used to claim their dogs before Social Security numbers became mandatory for dependents?😉

qbteachmt
Level 15

Yes, puppies will count if you adopt them. Otherwise, Heidi needs to file her own claim.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

Let's keep the discussion to things more closely related to taxes.  Like, when tips aren't taxable, how much less should we leave?  

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

This is what Bob is referring to.. 

Trump promises tax break for hospitality workers
Donald Trump has pledged to eliminate taxes on tipped earnings for hospitality workers if he becomes president. Speaking at a rally in Las Vegas, he addressed the issue that has been a point of contention for years. He stated: "We're going to do that right away first thing in office because it's been a point of contention for years and you do a great job of service — you take care of people." The tax-cut pledge is seen as a move to win over swing-state voters in Nevada. Under current law, all gratuities that workers receive must be taxed at the same rate as their regular income, and many employers report their workers’ tips to the IRS — but much is paid in cash and never reported to the IRS. The agency considers cash and noncash tips as income subject to federal income taxes, as well as Social Security and Medicare taxes. In 2018, the latest year for which complete IRS data is available, the average worker who had tips reported on their W-2 had $6,249 in tips that were taxed.
IRonMaN
Level 15

If that's the case, he certainly isn't getting my vote 😁

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@IRonMaN well I'll make up for your non-vote by voting for him (twice)

IRonMaN
Level 15

Posting about voter fraud on a public forum ------------- if only Giuliani had it this easy last time. 😮

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

What's wrong with voting twice?  George Washington did it all the time.  White males could vote in every county where they owned property, Election Day was different in each place, and if you were a candidate the liquor flowed freely at your expense.  

If that's how they did it when the Constitution was written, that's the way it should be done now.  Just ask the Supreme Court originalists.  

PATAX
Level 15

Reminds me of the election day scene in the Hatfields and McCoys TV series by Kevin Costner.