Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

540-ES payment not being withdrawn

Suting
Level 1

On 4/14/2021, I found CA Form 8455 California e-file Payment Record for Individuals having Withdrawal Date set as 5/17/2021. Called Customer Service, agent said too late to have software team fixing this, but assure me the estimated payment would be withdrawn on 4/15/2021.

Client reported estimated payment was not withdrawn on 4/20/2021, I called customer service right away, agent said it's been reported and I'd be informed when it's fixed.

Called the customer service the 3rd time on 4/26/2021, the agent said it's not being reported and asked me to contact CA FTB if there is processing delay.

My proactive client called the CA FTB and was told the estimated payment withdrawal date was 5/17/2021.

I called customer service the 4th time on 4/27/2021, trying to have the agent help me login as a bug.  She did not know how to do.  I asked for her supervisor, and was told the supervisor will contact me in 24 hours.  Now it's been more than 27 hours, I am still waiting.

All the clients e-filed between 4/13/2021 - 4/15/2021 with direct withdrawal estimated payment have this issue.

Speechless!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Isnt the 8455 for the current year balance due?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TxLaine
Level 3

This is very helpful to me -- thank you. I was just having this issue with a client and now I checked and I see that the 8455 shows the Q1 withdrawal date as 5/17!

So, so many bugs in the program this year, and so, so much unhelpful help at the customer service line...

0 Cheers
TxLaine
Level 3

And no, the 8455 is not just for the current balance due.

0 Cheers
Suting
Level 1

Below is what my client did

------------------------ beginning of my client's -----------------------------

I called CA FTB and they told me that the date they had for Q1 payment was 5/17/2021, and that it was not a processing delay.  So I believe it was also transmitted incorrectly by Intuit. 

They gave me a number to call and cancel my payment set up for 5/17/2021.  It was 916-845-0353.  I will call them later today and cancel.  I do not have access to my CA FTB account because I am still waiting on my PIN in the mail.

I went ahead and paid Q1 CA taxes through the FTB website.

---------------------------------- end of my client's ---------------------------------------

Believe or not, 48 hours later, I'm still waiting for supervisor's call... 

I wonder who is paying all the penalty and interest with Intuit's transmission problem (1040-ES), Intuit's software problem (CA 540-ES),.... I won't be surprised other states direct withdrawal of estimated payment may have the same issue.... 
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahhh, ok, Im seeing the same ting you are...1st CA-ES is set for 5/17

Ive already had to chase down too many federal ES payments that went awry, Im not futzing around with these too.....I'll just deal with it if we get any type of penalty notification. All my CA ES clients are fairly small amounts, late by 1 month I doubt it would trigger enough penalty to warrant a notice.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers