Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Proseries Form 8962 is not calculating when income over 400% FPL

Proseries 2022 is not correctly calculating Form 8962.  It's refusing to fill in data when income exceeds 400% of Federal Poverty Line, even though that limit has been waived in American Rescue Plan Act Section 9661.  Support says it will be updated by 1/23, but the form is already listed as being ready to print and mail now.  BEWARE!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Thomas3
Level 1

I agree 8962 does not calculate correctly for income above 400% poverty level. It makes it difficult to tax plan in Dec. Or provide reasonable give estimate for taxes on Jan 15, 2023. Very disappointing!

As of this morning's update, FINALLY, Form 8962 is properly populating.  The return I was working on has gone from $7,000 owed to a $1,700 refund.  Phew!

0 Cheers
haffcpa
Level 2

The same issue is happening with the 2023 tax software. Form 8962 is not properly calculating. 

0 Cheers

As I stated in other post on same subject, it wasn't calculating properly on 2/7 but was on 2/9 after the update.  Please make sure your software in up to date, including running repair updates.

As an aside, I still don't understand why we have to run updates as well as repair updates to ensure the program is really up to date.

0 Cheers