Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 client presentation printing twice?

AimeeZ
Level 2

Hi all,

When printing tax returns, the client presentation is printing twice.  Anyone else have this issue?  How did you solve it?  The global print options all look correct on my end.

Thanks, Aimee

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
GodFather
Level 8

As of last night, I could not get it to print once.  I posted about it this morning in this forum.  Maybe they are working on it?

0 Cheers
lori3
Level 3

Mine is printing one full copy of the client presentation for each return and then just two pages of it again. I also checked what I had chosen for printing on my end and it is correct. I just have the check box marked to print with the client copy and the preparer copy. In the print options for selected forms, it is not selected at all but does indicate 1 copy if I choose that.

0 Cheers
IHCPA
Level 2

I have for years now directed the Client Presentation report to print on my color printer.  This year, it is doing that, but also printing a black and white copy with the return on the regular printer.

I have done a side-by-side comparison of all my settings and can see no difference between the 2021 and 2022 software. So, I don't know!

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

I previously replied that my Client Presentation Package was not printing at all.  That's been fixed and it is printing just fine now.  Only one color copy prints prior to the return in a pdf format.  

0 Cheers
karleneolesuk
Level 1

I'm having the same issue. The print options are same boxes checked as last year. PDF shows normal, but printer prints out duplicate copies of presentation. I called ProSeries support and they said to perhaps update my printer's driver.

0 Cheers
CPAallday
Level 1

Same issue with me. All settings are correct but keeps printing twice. Any updates on how to fix this?

0 Cheers
IHCPA
Level 2

I finally gave up and changed the settings to not print the presentation with the return, and I instead print it separately after the return has printed.

It's frustrating every year to have to work through software bugs that occur during the heat of battle.

0 Cheers
AimeeZ
Level 2

So far, no update and I'm still printing two with each return I print.  I feel bad because I'm throwing away so much paper.  I really wish they'd fix it.

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee

We are actively working on this issue on priority, and fix will be rolled out soon. FYI. 

GodFather
Level 8

I printed a couple returns to pdf last evening.  Both those returns had one copy of the client presentation and it was printed as the first document within the queue.  I'm not aware of the client presentation ever printing twice for me.  

0 Cheers
AimeeZ
Level 2

Thank you!

0 Cheers
ZH
Level 1

I am having the same problem with duplicate Client Presentation printing twice

0 Cheers
JeffCPA
Level 4

Ok.  Very peculiar, but I am having the same issue as well.   If I print a client return to the PDF, then the client presenation appears only once in the PDF document, and in the correct spot where it has always been before the tax return.  

When I take that very same client return, and print it out--not to a pdf--but to my printer it is printing the client presentation twice.   I have no idea why.  I have check my settings, over and over, and found nothing that would suggest why this is happening.  

Might have the remove the client presentation to print with client copy, and then just print it separately to paper.   Or just to a print client copy to PDF, and then print the PDF document itself. 

IHCPA
Level 2

It has been 2 weeks since you said you were “actively working on this issue on priority” and it still isn’t fixed. Can you tell me when it will be fixed? We are all numbers people and I think we would all like an actual date.

0 Cheers
karleneolesuk
Level 1

The only way I was able to avoid printing twice was when the client file was open and I went to File and then Print, I unchecked the Print box, and only had checked File box, and checked Display PDF after save box. Then clicked Print which would allow me to view the PDF and the print as needed.

0 Cheers