Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 E-File

OrantesTaxPro
Level 3

Has anyone submitted a 2017 return via E-file? I am unsure if I can go back 2 years in order to e-file. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You are correct, we can file 2 years back. I would wait for the dust to settle a day or two before filing

a 2017 return

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You are correct, we can file 2 years back. I would wait for the dust to settle a day or two before filing

a 2017 return

abctax55
Level 15

Yes, you can file 2017 (I think... I don't remember any of the extenders impacting 2017).

Efile reopened today 1.27.20.  Generally, when efile is open, one can file the current year plus two prior years.  Unfortunately, due to Congress passing extenders retroactively, 2018 returns can't be efiled until the IRS can get the 2018 forms revised.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am guessing that this will also apply to 2017. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-news-and-updates/discussion/tax-year-2018-individual...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns