Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1120s shareholder last name change

Nancy 16
Level 2

A shareholder in an S-Corporation got married and changed her last name. Is there somewhere in the software to change her last name and have it flow to all pertinent forms and schedules? The name of the S-Corporation is her name, but using her maiden name. I can't seem to get her estimated payment vouchers to change to her maiden name for all the necessary places. 

Please don't reply if you don't have the answer. I believe this is the place to help each other, not to degrade or make fun of someone. If you can't contribute constructive information, DON'T REPLY OR CONTRIBUTE!

Thanks to those who actually help.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Sch K-1 Wks    Changes her name at the S=Corp shareholder name.   But, I'm a little confused?  You are wanting to print estimated vouchers inside the S-Corp?   

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, the estimate vouchers would be updated once you update her name in the 1040, the vouchers have nothing to do with the 1120S.

Based on your comment about only answering if you can be helpful, it's obvious you have met Bob 😀

Slava Ukraini!
Nancy 16
Level 2

Yes, I have met Bob!! It's very funny that someone has such a strong reputation that my comment on answering constructively would let a person know who I was referring to. Thank you for your answer. I apparently wasn't clear enough about needing it to flow to the k-1 and then the personal estimates but the 2 people who answered knew what I meant.

I appreciate people that can understand even the things that are not perfectly written.  I thank you so much for your input and it did help. It also gave me a laugh on a day I truly needed one!!

Nancy 16
Level 2

Thank you for your response! No, the vouchers were for the State S-Corp return. In Oregon we have an "excise tax" that S-Corps and Partnerships have to pay. I couldn't get her name to change on them and also, I needed the K-1 to change to the married name so when it flowed to the personal estimates it would be right. I knew about the personal estimates being able to be changed at the 1040 level, but I wanted the "flow" happening in case I forgot to fix the personal return. She mentioned the name change after the 1120S and the 1040 were completed but not filed yet.

Thank you for actually answering my question without judgement or criticism. It is very much the professional thing to do, as well as clarifying what I was actually asking. At the point I usually ask for help, I am frustrated and on my last nerve and last brain cell. It takes forever to weed through the criticisms to get some help that means something. I just wanted you to know that I appreciated the help and the way you did it.