Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095 A recipient is a dependent

athaureaux6
Level 8

Good morning online community, 

How do you enter the information in the 1095A if the recipient is a dependent. When I go to the 1095A there is an option to check taxpayer and spouse and something that says, if recipient is a dependent see Tax Help. But I could not find any information inside PS. Does anybody have an idea how is this entered? Taxpayer has a mother dependent who has her own 1095A? Taxpayer is covered at work. Also, PS automatically checks taxpayer box which means maybe if something needs to be changed the taxpayer or spouse box will have to be the recipient. Thank you a have good day. I looked in the Form 1095a instructions and I did not see anything. Have a nice day everybody. 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can check the box for TP. It doesn't matter. as that info doesn't get sent to irs. You do need to scroll down to the shared policy information and in your case allocate 100% to dependent, but you can use any % the TP wants to use  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The 1095-A should be entered on the tax return of the person who is claiming the dependent.  It does not get entered on the dependent's return (the rules are a bit different if nobody actually claims the dependent).

As Terry said, you can just ignore the taxpayer/spouse thing.  It doesn't matter and doesn't show up on the tax return.