Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1065 guaranteed payments on IA return

Tracey876
Level 1

The guaranteed payments are not flowing from the federal to IA for the IA piece.  It is showing an error and will not let me enter the amount.  How do i get it to flow.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

What is the Error message in the IA return say ?    Does there need to be some allocation to the partners/members? 

0 Cheers
Tracey876
Level 1

On the IA return shows as error because numbers did not transfer for the medical payments or the 179 deduction

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Are you preparing the 1065 for IA   or an individual return with a 1065 K1  ?

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Did you go up to Section C and allocate gross receipts or farm income or rental income to Iowa.  This new partnership return is full of bugs.  The keep sending out new updates but when you enter an Iowa partnership, Vegas would get jealous with all the red lights.  Just when you figure out how to fix something another update comes out and you start from scratch.  I finally got all S-corps to file today.  But I might wait to see next update before I just go in and override each line to be able to transmit partnerships.

Tracey876
Level 1

The1065 federal works. It is the individual k-1 for IA

0 Cheers
Tracey876
Level 1

schedule c is not required. No non residents

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I didn't say to do it because you needed to do it.  It just clears up a bunch of errors (not all) because it establishes a BAR.  Other problems still exist though.

0 Cheers