Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040-X Direct Deposit of Refund

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

I am preparing a 2022 amended return which will be electronically filed and for which a refund is due.  I am attempting to set the refund up for direct deposit without much luck.  Form 1040-X, "Part III Electronic Filing Smart Worksheet," lines 31-33, show where all the banking information is to be entered.  However, I can find no way to enter the requested information.  Any hints?

Thanks.

Mike

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe the process of allowing direct deposit on 2022 amended returns may still be a work in progress with Intuit.  

Slava Ukraini!
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you, that is what I was thinking. If that is the case, it would be so much less confusing if the "smart worksheet" were not part of the 1040-X.

Appreciate the response.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

When you click on the box for direct deposit, the error pops up to tell you that it can't be done.

I did this twice today. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
rcherenson
Level 4

Interesting. It allowed me to direct a DD refund for CA with an amended return I just filed, but the Fed refund turned to owing with amendment so did not have the chance to test that. Weird it would allow a state refund but not Federal.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Federal and each state have their own rules.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

I don't spin my wheels over things like this. If I can't do the direct deposit, then refund mailed to the client. 

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

I typically do not spin wheels on these things, but when I know the option is allowed and there's no way to understand why the form will not populate, it's frustrating. Just like now ProSeries allows states to be selected for efiling amended returns, even though the state might not allow it!