Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Direct Debit of quarterly estimated tax payments in ProConnect didn't work

hugo
Level 2

Tried to set up direct debit payments for the 1st quarter 2024 estimates, but the debits did not occur per the client.  The "Financial Transaction Summary" showed the planned payments properly set up and the bank info was verified.  Why would these not have transacted?  (can't get through to Intuit chat today).

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

The return (not just an extension) was electronically filed on or before 4/15?

I've also seen the direct debits not take place with some of the big national banks that have a different routing number for some transactions than the one on the bottom of the checks.  Direct deposits of refunds work fine; direct debits of tax due just disappear into the ether.

hugo
Level 2

Thanks for your response.  It was filed and accepted on the morning of April 15, but perhaps that is too late for the direct debit to take place.

0 Cheers
hugo
Level 2

None of the direct debits took place, Fed, State nor city.   Disappointing

sjrcpa
Level 15

Did client check with their bank to see if the bank stopped/prohibited it? With all the security nowadays I have seen that happen.

Ex-AllStar
Taxtime3
Level 3

There also could not have been enough funds in the account.  I have seen that happen as well.