Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Address Update

madcaplaughs79
Level 1

I have a client that changed their address. Normally I can go to the client list and hit edit and modify their address. I did so and it took the change but it still places their old suite number one a separate row almost like the was a separate address 2 line before and now their isn't so it comes out incorrect. Has anyone seen this before?

Here is an example:

Current:

John Doe
123 Main St
Suite 3
Beverly Hills 90210

After Change: (the suite 3 doesn't disappear even though in the edit screen it's not showing when I edit it.)
John Doe
123 Main St Suite 5
Suite 3
Beverly Hills 90210

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

playing devil's advocate here.... on the line of the address.... over in the Apt  no.....  you don't have "Suite 3" entered in ther do you?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
madcaplaughs79
Level 1

Hi, No I don't there's actually no separate line item for apt/suite etc. Address is all one line when trying to edit it. Only separate lines exist for City, State, Zip.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Changing in the client list does not change the address in the tax return. You need to do both. 

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
0 Cheers
madcaplaughs79
Level 1

The tax return hasn’t been created yet, in this specific instance returning to the client list still shows the old suite on a separate line. When hitting edit, the old suite is nowhere to be found on the edit screen.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

??

Delete the address entirely.

Exit the program

Go back into the program and enter the new address

??

Is it somehow linked to a QB account with the address still being picked up from it

??

0 Cheers
madcaplaughs79
Level 1

Deleted the address. Showed blank for the address. Hit edit, added in the new address. Saved. Reloaded the client list and the mysterious old suite returned again!

Went into QuickBooks and it only shows the new address no old suite number. I’m at a loss. For now I’m just manually changing the address on the return. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Delete address. Exit the client. Clear cache in the browser. Exit the browser. Cross fingers. 

If that fails either (a) call support or (b) forget about it and create a return and make sure the address is in the return and deal with the client screen when life is not so hectic.

0 Cheers