Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kentucky PTE: can't direct deposit refund even though I set it up to "Direct Deposit of refund"

dubmac
Level 1

This is a 1065, with a Kentucky PTE filing, where this refund is. Under General:Miscellaneous Information, I set up the bank account information appropriately. Then under the "KY" tab, I checked the "Direct deposit of refund" under the Kentucky-Louisville Direct Deposit/Electronic Payment heading. 

The software doesn't acknowledge this and produces a "check refund" in the e-file package/client correspondence. I've tried all sorts of tweaks already and nothing is working to turn on the direct deposit. I will call tech support tomorrow, but thought I'd give this a shot over the weekend!

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
TaxPandaCPA
Level 4

I had a similar experience with VA PTET. Some tax preparation software may not fully support direct deposit options for all states or entity types, especially for pass-through entities like PTEs, as they are retroactive and require a lot of overtime for coders and computer engineers.

I contacted Intuit and the VA Tax Department, only to find out that the best way to get your refund and credit back is through filing on the state agency website for PTE. You can draft the return in your software, whichever it may be, and transfer the data to the state website.

https://epayment.ky.gov/EPAY

Hope it helps. Thank you in advance for marking mine as your "BEST answer"!
0 Cheers