Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill out form 8962 for Monthly second lowest cost silver plan number when I got a job in November 2021

hamida_surti
Level 1
Hi My client was on the Covered California with his parents. The client got a job in November 2021 and was eligible for Health Insurance from work. The parents never changed the coverage they had, so the cost of silver plan never changed on 1095-A we received.

My client is claiming the premiums under the shared responsibility allocation. I dont know what number to put in November and December for SLCSP, for only my parents as the number reported on 1095A is for my parents as well as myself
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

You have a lot of mixed perspective.

Did your client Change to the employer plan or not?

And who is I and who is my parents, and who is your client?

Are you using ProConnect?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
hamida_surti
Level 1

My apologies, everything is my client and his parents. I just need help.

My client did get a 1095 -C from his employer with 1E in line 14 for November and December, EE required amount in line 15 and 2C in line 16 for November and December. He joined his employer's plan but did not cancel with covered california.

I am using proconnect online.

Thanks

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

There still are many parts to this. You have a full year of coverage, but part of the year with the employer plan, and incorrectly covered CA overlap, but you didn't state if they got financial assistance to be repaid.

This:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1095/help/how-to-enter-california-health-coverage-in-pr...

Has some guidance that should apply.

And this:

"I dont know what number to put in November and December for SLCSP, for only my parents as the number reported on 1095A is for my parents as well as myself"

Here: https://www.coveredca.com/learning-center/tax-forms-and-filing/form-ftb-3895/

Scroll down to the section for:

How do I find the second-lowest-cost Silver plan premium amount?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers