Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the default preparer on proconnect tax returns.

Matt_Lassiter
Level 1

I have two preparers at my firm.  I want all of the tax returns to go out under my name.  For some reason even though I am showing up on the preparer screen as the default preparer Proconnect keeps putting the other preparer down on the tax returns by default.  I realize the default can be overridden on the client information page, but I'm talking about all of the clients that don't have a preparer selected on the client information screen, hence it would make since that it would default to the preparer that is listed as default on the preparer information screen.  Is there anything I can do to change this default to be me?  I already tried moving the radial button under default preparer to the other preparer and then back down to myself.  I would like the default preparer option to be something that only the master admin of Proconnect is able to see and change.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

The default only works on new returns you create.  It also works on proforma returns so long as nothing was populated in General > Client Information, under the Miscellaneous Info, on the Preparer line in the previous year.

Switching default preparer under Settings > YOUR FIRM > Preparer Information will not change what's already entered on the return for Preparer (supposedly to preserve the integrity of the existing return).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar