Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiling error.

Taxprohere
Level 7

I am furious with the ineptitude of ProConnect customer service rep.  I am a ProSeries customer for over 20 years, and decided to use ProConnect for a few business and trust returns, what a mistake and waste of my time.

This is the error message, verbatim in its full illiteracy with misspelling and missing punctuation.

ERO Preperare information is missing. You may need to set ERO contact information for Firm Problem occurred transmitting efile data

I have doublechecked, my EFIN is verified, I am the sole preparer and listed for the tax return, have the ERO PIN listed, and the customer rep first start asking for a ref number, then kept saying delete the state and then add it back, ignoring my other questions.  Which did absolutely nothing!

I also tried efiling just the Federal, same error message.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Taxprohere
Level 7

EFIN was officially verified, PTIN correct, etc.  I'm an EA and exempt from NY registration (though I have a #) and NY not involved.

But found the solution!  Posting it here in case this may help anyone else. 

Even though I'm the only preparer listed to my firm, and I 'assigned' myself to this S-Corp return, and I was listed as the tax preparer in the tax return as well, in your profile you have to select a 'radio button' (the small circle) to say you're the default tax preparer.  Why this isn't clearly and legibly explained, I will remain politely silent.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Did you verify your PTIN?

Do you have a NY return?

Ex-AllStar
Taxprohere
Level 7

EFIN was officially verified, PTIN correct, etc.  I'm an EA and exempt from NY registration (though I have a #) and NY not involved.

But found the solution!  Posting it here in case this may help anyone else. 

Even though I'm the only preparer listed to my firm, and I 'assigned' myself to this S-Corp return, and I was listed as the tax preparer in the tax return as well, in your profile you have to select a 'radio button' (the small circle) to say you're the default tax preparer.  Why this isn't clearly and legibly explained, I will remain politely silent.

CarrieO
Level 1

OMG, this is the stupidest error.  If Proconnect is going to be this finicky, they need to create better training videos so we know how to not miss stupid things like this.

0 Cheers