Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11202 Proconnect Depreciation Special Allowance

powenmurphy
Level 1

Doing a tax return for a 1120S

Entered Assets for Depreciation.

Fist line worked fine 15yr SL

next three lines entered same way but some how is reporting at Special Depreciation Allowance.

Is there a selection error I made else where that is causing this? 

It should all be SL some 3 yr , 7y, 15 yr

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did you elect OUT of the Special Depreciation Allowance?  You would need to elect OUT for each type of property (3 year, 5 year, 15 year).

powenmurphy
Level 1

Thanks so much.

Where in proconnect is the election to elect our of special depreciation. I can seem to find that. 

thanks so much in advance.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't use ProConnect, but this article has a sections called "Follow these steps to suppress special depreciation on an asset" and "Follow these steps to elect not to claim additional special depreciation" that should tell you how to do it.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/federal-taxes/understanding-special-depreci...

George4Tacks
Level 15

Every place in the program that you want a zero you must enter a -1. 0 is nothing and does nothing.

In this case - In the details for the item that is getting the special depreciation, you must scroll down to Special depreciation allowance: 1=yes, 2=no [Override] and enter a 2 for no. 

OR

Scroll down to Current special depreciation allowance (-1=none) [Override] and enter a -1 for  zero. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns