Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we having to REP every client when I've already purchased Lacerte 200?

Reeciekee
Level 1

I downloaded 2021 Lacerte.  I purchase Lacerte 200 as I only prepare about 180 tax returns.  This gets me 200 returns + 1 state (my home state).  I have used Lacerte for 22 years, and I haven't seen this before:  Next to everyone of my clients, the box under the column "needs REP/auth" is checked.  Used to only be checked when I was preparing an out-of-state return and needed REP access to that state.  I am thinking that I can just REP each one & not get charged, but it seems like such a hassle especially if I'm having internet connection issues.  I, too, tried calling Lacerte Support today, but the holiday still lives on for them. 😁  Any wise assistance from my brilliant colleagues would be much appreciated.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Try downloading your license.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try  F3 > All Clients, then Client > Update Client Database I don't know that it works, but worth a try. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

When you go to view forms, you'll see a screen showing how many of the 200 you've already used, and reminding you that viewing this new one will use another. There's no fee and no transmission to Lacerte the way there is with a "normal" REP.

People who are close to the 200 requested a way of knowing how many they had already used. For people who aren't close to 200, you could go through and click to acknowledge on the forms screen for all of your clients now.