Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-Corporation Reject Error R0000-900-01 efile:Return/efile:ReturnHeader/efile:ReturnTypeCd

PPECPA
Level 4

Filing an S-Corporation Tax return for the first time for a client.  I filed the tax return last night and today when I went to check on the E-File Status, I received a rejection notice stating the following:

S-Corporation Reject Error R0000-900-01 efile:Return/efile:ReturnHeader/efile:ReturnTypeCd

It further states that the filing type indicated in the filing header must match the filing type established with the IRS for the EIN.  

I have no idea how to resolve this.  Can anyone help?

Thanking you in advance

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
pamdory
Level 8

I encountered this with a couple of new S-corps I took on this year.  I agree with @IRonMaN  that the hang up is with an unapproved S election as that is the case with both of mine and we'll be using late election relief on the return filing.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Paper file with the rejection notice.  Someone either didn’t get their Sub S election in or the IRS hasn’t processed it yet so you also need to add the election to the paper filed return.

Slava Ukraini!
PPECPA
Level 4

Thanks for this IronMan, silly question, where do I make the election?  I mean what input screen do I want to do this?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

You attach the signed 2553 to the e-file in Screen 3.2

pamdory
Level 8

I encountered this with a couple of new S-corps I took on this year.  I agree with @IRonMaN  that the hang up is with an unapproved S election as that is the case with both of mine and we'll be using late election relief on the return filing.