Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I was changing the status of a client, I lost the entire client list. How can I restore the entire client list.

tricia3
Level 2
Where is the client list refresh command?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

You likely clicked one of the filters on the left. Look carefully and report back if that is not it.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
tricia3
Level 2

None of the filters are checked.  I checked again.

0 Cheers
tricia3
Level 2

Oh yes, and I restored two of the clients that I still have to do yesterday so when the info comes in I can work on them.  They were backed up before any recent changes so they will be fine.  they were reflected in the client list after doing so.   But When I opened the software this AM, they are gone,  So yes there seems to be a filter, and I know their statis is extended so I tried filtering for status EXTENDED and they did not show up.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

1) Search for it by client number

2) check your data path

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
tricia3
Level 2

Data Path is correct.  

I don't know how to search for a client in Lacerte.  There is a search in Help menu but I'm not aware of a client search.

I've been useing Lacerte for 31 years and I have never had this happen before and right in the last week of tax season.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Ctrl + I

( Generic Comment )"
tricia3
Level 2

Saints be praised.  Lacerte turned out to be open today.  It took about an hour, but I finally noticed a prefile filter: with one of my statuses following it.  I finally said to her that is still bothering me so finally went to filters in the tabs above and found pre filter and removed the status and put all.  

I was not anywhere near that setting when I was initially changing the status of a client.  Thanks for all you help though.  Now if it happens to you, then you'll have an answer.  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

deleted...

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
tricia3
Level 2

Yes your right, but you told me to check the filters on the left and nothin was checked.  The menu option at the top -  filter is a pre filter and it didnt' show up in the filter options on the left.  

But yes it was a filter.  Just not any from the list on the left, but a pre filter which is in a different place.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Typically this image shows the status that should be checked. 

Capture.JPG

it is easy to accidentally check another and not notice. 

Here is a thread on Search https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/how-to-turn-on-search-on-... It sometimes works when you can't see a client, but it is there. The Search box is at the right of the grey header. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers