Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I email a confirmation letter to a client

roz2
Level 4

We have traditionally sent confirmation letters by mail to inform the client that we have filed their return. I want to send some of these letters to the client via email. How do I go about this process? 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4

print it to a PDF.

Attach the PDF to an email.

This seems so simple that I think I am missing something.

@roz2 

0 Cheers
CMcCullough
Level 3

We send acceptance letters from the Efile menu.  Efile, Print  Efile Acceptance letter, choose type of acceptance letter (usually tax return, but sometimes 114, extension, etc.), click print/email button at the bottom.  Then choose if you want to email.  Lacerte will send it to your emailer as a pdf and an email message saying what the password is and you click send in your email program.  We print and email. The print goes into the paper client folder and email. We do check the print to make sure all expected returns are filed and show a confirmation number.  (How this was setup with our emailer, that I do not know.)  

ljsmith2
Level 4

If you use a cloud based portal, they may have an option to notify the client via email when you save the tax return to that portal.

I use SmartVault and save all clients tax returns to their tax folder once they have been accepted. There is an option to "Send Income Tax Letter" email that advises them that the taxes have been filed and accepted.

I am able to modify the template letter to say what I want.

From there, they can log into their SmartVault folder and view the tax return.

jerry
Level 5

When I try that, it wants to send it as an encrypted file (and takes forever to generate the print job).  No way am I going to do that for a simple e-file acknowledgement letter that contains no personally-identifiable information besides client address.

Am I missing a way to not have it send it encrypted?

0 Cheers