Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access 2020 & 2021 Lacerte

JudyEA
Level 3

Why can't I access my 2020 & 2021 Lacerte program.  I am able to access all other years.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
JudyEA
Level 3

I also can not access 2018 & 2019...2013-2017 still allow me to login  and I can login to 2022 & 2023.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

You need to install each of those old years to update them.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
THM
Level 2

Judy. Did the fix promoted in the answer below go as planned. Specifically, after implementing the recommended fix, did all of your tax data remain intact for the years you could not previously access? Thanks for any input. I simply cannot afford to lose all that data?

Again, I appreciate your help.

Tim M

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Messing with the program will not mess with the data. Do the update and it will fix the issue.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
THM
Level 2

Many thanks Sir. Mmuch appreciated. Tim

abctax55
Level 15

@THM  ".... I simply cannot afford to lose all that data?"

But you would be able to restore all your data from the backup(s) you have, right?  You DO have a back up (one, two, three ) of all your data, correct?  Either to thumb drives, to the cloud (Carbonite is a recommended one).

The Lacerte Tool Hub has a function to back up all the 'x'data info (where 'x' is the 'i' for individual 'p' = partnership, etc) to a file, and also to a zip file.  I copy those backup files to a thumb drive daily during filing season, and every day during the offseason if I work on tax returns.  That thumb drive (which yes, is encrypted) travels with me everywhere.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"