Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addtional EFIN

Girlboss
Level 1

Hello, I am a current firm owner already using Lacerte. I am purchasing clients from another tax preparer and I have organized these clients into a new entity with a new EFIN. I have plenty of space with my current Lacerte subscription to absorb these clients, but I want to have the option to use my original EFIN for current clients and the new EFIN for new clients. How do I go about adding another EFIN without getting rid of the current one I have? And is this going to cost me more money?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 13

IDK, but it sounds like you're asking for trouble, either from the software or from the IRS. Two EFINs for the same company?

Maybe set up a new entity, or just keep separate track of the new clients in QB or whatever.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Girlboss
Level 1

Hi thanks for your input. I actually have two separate entities and two separate EFINS but I want to use both in Lacerte. I’m not sure how to add the second one.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

believe you need to separate Lacerte account ($$$$). In the general area of where you enter the preparer number you can enter FIRM NUMBER,  that will then load information from the firm information file that you will update occasionally from Lacerte. 

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/license-information/install-multiple-firms...

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!