Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Issue With Filing Status Not Carrying Over

CPATIM1
Level 2

Just rolled all of my clients over to 2021.

Was very disappointed there was a glitch and all of the filing statuses were changed to single in the 2021 program. 

Talk to support they said to delete them and then reproforma was the only solution.

Multiple hours wasted.  Very DISAPPOINTING.

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
sjrcpa
Level 15

Most of us wait until January to pro forma so these glitches can be worked out in updates.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

For those of you that found this thread, you may also enjoy this one.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/zip-codes-gone-after-tran...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
pamdory
Level 8

I ran the proforma of all clients on November 22nd when I installed the 2021 program.  I didn't filing statuses or zip codes as mentioned in another post.  After reading your post I checked for and installed updates and then checked again.  Everything is still intact.  I only tell you this to help you in your trouble shooting. 

I haven't had to run the Tool Hub for 2021. Yet.  But I did update it when I installed 2021.  The Tool Hub has helped with update issues I've had in the past.

frustrated6
Level 1

I ran the proforma from 2020 to 2021 on 1/4/2022 and the first names didn't show up. Support said there was a bug and to reproforma. So I reproformaed on1/5/2022 and now the spouses name and filing status is not there. It's more than a bug, its got to be a COSTLY virus. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN LACERTE. IT TAKES HOURS TO PROFORMA. WASTE OF TIME and no communication from Lacerte.

0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

Posting here to bump this up, the proforma 20 to 21 still isn't working right. We have missing addresses and email addresses, dependent information and K-1 beneficiary information missing in the Partnership module. Also: the filing status was set to single (no matter the filing status in 2020) and the 'full year resident' box was unchecked. That's all we've found SO FAR. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is this with the latest 2020 update 42.0107?

If the data is bad delete it and repeat the proforma on that one client after the next update. All of mine are still on hold until I really need them. 

0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

This is 42.0109 (federal tax) / 41.1215 (proforma). I was told this morning a fix is in the works. It's not just a few clients, more like 100+ so now we are waiting for a fix. 

0 Cheers
NuttyCPA
Level 1

Does anyone have an ETA of when we will receive an update fixing the Lacerte 20 to 21 Proforma Issues?

Issues we are still seeing:

1.  Individuals are all showing filing status as Single and no filing status is showing marked on the 1040

2.  All clients are showing up as the first firm number instead of keeping it's correct firm number.

3.  Partnerships -- Partners are missing their ID numbers.

4.  Individuals -- if there was more than one email address, none of the email addresses are proforma'ing over.

Has anyone tried to proforma again since last week and it worked?

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I haven't seen any of these issues, only -

Partnership - General Partner/LLC Mgr check box doesn't carry forward to create the entry in SE income on the K-1

Client No - I see the numbering system for numeric ordering is still using the first digit instead of the last digit.  Since I sort my client list by Full Name, last first, this doesn't affect me, but it still needs to get fixed.

Otherwise my November 22nd proforma has been normal. So I wonder if it might be helpful to share some information about our installation in case that has something to do with the problems for some.

I am running Lacerte on a network.  My server is running Windows Server 2012 (I know! It's getting updated after this season) and my three workstations and laptop run on Windows 10.  I'm not sure if update versions matter.

AndresVTB
Level 4

We are on Server 2016, with about a dozen Windows 10 PCs. We just moved offices so our wiring, switches, etc. are brand new (before they blame network issues). 

RE: Client number sort: I get the impression from THIS and THIS post that this isn't an error but a choice, one that hasn't been communicated to the userbase in any way (checked the "what's new" document and attended the Lacerte update seminar). If it is by choice why not tell the userbase that they were changing the sort way?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I will share my client numbering system that would help with this latest kerfuffle. When I do a clients first return, their number is the current tax year being done, then a 3 digit number that automatically increases by 1 with each new client. This allows me a nice sort and tells me at a glance how long the client has been with me. I purchase a tax client list in 1980 with clients going back to 1966.

My longest running client would be 1966007 and my newest client would be 2021001.

AndresVTB
Level 4

We are holding off until the official word of a fix. We could try a few but according to the tech last week proforma'ing fewer returns is a partial fix, so it might work if I proforma <10 then fail if I proforma hundreds (I don't want to piecemeal proforma our client database).

0 Cheers
AndresVTB
Level 4

HAHA, I'd get a major eye-roll if I suggested renumbering our Lacerte clients, we use the same numbers in our time and billing software.

pamdory
Level 8

When we purchased in 1996 we were using ProFX and had to use numeric client numbers.  When we switched to Lacerte we started assigning numbers by first 4 letters of last name + first three letters of first name.  Business entities are usually a contraction of the biz name.  Life suddenly became more pleasant.

kdeming1
Level 1

We re-proforma'd all of our clients yesterday (1/21/22) and there are still issues... 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

What issues?  I did see where an earlier proforma had the self-employment tax instead of total tax for the Federal penalties and interest for underpayment penalty.  This and other things brought us to re-proforma all individual and partnership clients that have not had any work done, this morning 1/24/22.  Will take special care to review the ones that did not get re-proforma'd.

0 Cheers