Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte update freezes at 21 Winop Library : Cannot update the program

jimgsabbatini
Level 3

So for 2 days I have been trying to update lacerte with no success it stops at 21 Winops Library.

Started it again last night before I left and it stop at 21 Winops Library when I came to the office this morning. 

Lacerte alway has wait times longer than expected. 

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
debkins
Level 1

I am having the same difficulty.  On hold right now.

0 Cheers
debkins
Level 1
Lacerte Support suggested downloading the Lacerte Tool Hub, which I was told can force the update. Unfortunately, it would take an hour to download. The Lacerte rep said I had a slow connection. End of story. Really!!? No other help was offered.
0 Cheers
rogerdspe
Level 1

Did you ever get this issue resolved.  My software is now doing the same thing.

0 Cheers
debkins
Level 1

Yes.  Turns out my modem, router and firewall all went bad.  So had to have it all replaced.  Have you tried unplugging your modem from the wall, wait about a minute, then plugging it back in, and trying again?  I have found that that works sometimes.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would first try;

Press Windows Key and type 2021 Lacerte Web Setup

Select that to start the install process. This is generally much more reliable than the in product Update.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
VM16
Level 1

I was having the same issue, waited for a few minutes then canceled the update. Did that 2-3 times and the full update went through. Hope this helps!

0 Cheers
jmk
Level 1

Thank you for the help this worked for me as well.  Cancelled twice, third time the charm :).