Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been able to use the Form 1099 import from financial institution feature in the 2020 individual program?

dharr
Level 1

I have not been able to import 1099 information from finanical institutions in the 2020 programs. I have tried several different brokerage companies and everytime I get a message that says the "information is not available".

Is anyone else having this issue?

Lacerte support tells us that this is an issue with our setup not the program. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
dharr
Level 1

On Monday 3/1 I spent over an hour on the phone with several Lacerte support reps.  After dealing with the first three levels of support, who knew absolutely about the issue I was having or the program feature that I was trying to use, I finally reached someone who was familiar with the import feature.  

After showing the rep the issue that I was having, he assured me that he would try to find out if this was in fact a program issue. I explained to him that I had discussed this problem with several other Lacerte users in different parts of California who were all having the same issue. The rep stated that he would follow-up with the support team to find out if they were working on the problem and that he would follow-up with me by email to let me know the status of my issue. 

As of Wednesday, I have not received any email communication regarding this issue, nor has anyone contacted me to let me know if this problem is being investigated. 

0 Cheers