Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel Good Open for Voting

sjrcpa
Level 15

In the last week, a lot of user suggestions have been marked "Open for Voting" EDIT: I was referring to Lacerte suggestions. Prior to this it seemed only ProSeries suggestions got to the vote stage.

Given that the first version of the 2021 software has been released, I'm guessing that none of these suggestions will be implemented this year (if at all, judging by past performance).

Just didn't want any of the newer users to get their hopes up. 

Ex-AllStar
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

After a flurry of posts for the wishing well awhile back I posted on one of those posts asking where everybody has been.  Do folks really think Santa is going to make all of these wishes come through?  Intuit tends to ignore our suggestions for years.  Do these folks think by suggesting something in November that they are going to see those changes when they are working on their first tax return in January?

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't know what they think but I was trying to dash any hopes early.

Ex-AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

If you're Dasher, who's Prancer?  

Not to mention Vixen.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Susan, do you think Intuit will implement this suggestion into the software?  🤣

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/don-t-give-us-what-we-ask-for/idi-...

sjrcpa
Level 15

I think they already have. Just in case, I gave you a vote.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll vote for that.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

Good call. Yes! Thank you @sjrcpa

For any newer user reading this--your patience is appreciated. We plan ahead and if you see something is implemented in a short amount of time, it's likely that it was an initiative prior to the idea being posted. Changing the product takes time and these products have many moving components. Choosing what to work on is often a journey in itself but I can't claim to know all the details, unfortunately I am not a software engineer but I try to be an engineer of solutions relating to software. 

To follow up: 
1. Reported defects in "Idea Exchange" will be removed from "Idea Exchange", reviewed and prioritized. If I label it Open for voting and you feel like it's a defect--call me out. 
2. It's true. Not all enhancements will be implemented.
3. Santa no longer works here--took a long weekend one April and never came back. Something about his clause...? Or maybe his presence wasn't appreciated? I'm not sure. 

I completely see where you're coming from and appreciate the point of view of everyone on this thread.  

Out of the active ideas, give me your top 3-5 on this thread or in a private message. There might be some cross over between you all. I'll note them and bring them up when I have the opportunity. If I get direct feedback that something you value is not a priority I'll be sure to let you know. 

I'll take a look at that idea you posted, TG, but if it's an existing feature or not a related to the product, I'll have to remove it. (I do like the idea of voting for Most Cynical Intuit Customer, my vote counts for 5 though!) 

IRonMaN
Level 15

My top 3 to 5  is actually 2.

1.  I just want the software to work like it is supposed to.  I'm happy with the current capabilities, I don't need any additional bells and whistles being added.

2.  In the perfect world of it working like it is supposed to, if it does break - be up front and honest with a reasonable time frame of when the problem is anticipated to be fixed.  The standard line of "in a future update" doesn't do diddly to help out any of the users having issues.  And when it is fixed, please make sure that fix didn't break something else.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

@IntuitGabi Did you take down TaxGuyBill's post?

It did relate to the product, sadly.

And he wrote it for me. 😢

I thought you appreciated our humor.

A special thank you - Intuit Accountants Community

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Gabi, I know you are fairly new to the professional side of Intuit (at least to the accountants' forum), so let me give you a little history about submitting ideas for ProSeries.

Prior to this newest version of an "Idea Exchange", Intuit already had an almost identical thing set up.  Over the course of 6 or 7 years (maybe more?), ProSeries customers submitted many hundreds of suggestions (I remember it being over 1600, but I'm sure it was much higher than that).  Many of those suggestion had many, many votes, and many of the suggestions were not overly complicated.  Of those 1600+++ suggestions, Intuit implemented SIX.  Yes, SIX over the course of 6 or 7 years.

If I remember correctly, of those six that were implemented, FOUR of which had very few or even no votes.  So they must have been incidental, rather than anybody actually paying attention to what users wanted. 

It was a publicly displayed embarrassment to the development team, proving to everybody that they didn't listen to their customers.

Yet, year after year, Intuit added their own "enhancements" that customers did not ask for.

If Intuit had actually wanted to change their ways, the developers would have diligently started to work through that list.  Instead, Intuit got rid of it and started over, likely to hide Intuit's track record of not doing anything.

In short, history has shown that submitting "enhancement" ideas is a complete joke.  The evidence that I have seen in the last couple of years indicates that very little or nothing has changed.

IntuitGabi

Thank you to those that reached out to me via private message. 

@TaxGuyBill It can frustrating when you feel like history is repeating itself, so I understand where you're coming from. I am the new kid around here so I appreciate the breakdown of your observations throughout the years; I'll keep this in mind as I continue my learning journey. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are driving on that journey, just be careful ---------- this place is loaded with a lot of potholes 😬

Slava Ukraini!