sffdib's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sffdib's Posts

FTB 3539 looks complete, I don't see electronic authorization form attached, just the 8453-C but banking section is blank even though I have "Extension" box checked for Use electronic funds withdrawa... See more...
FTB 3539 looks complete, I don't see electronic authorization form attached, just the 8453-C but banking section is blank even though I have "Extension" box checked for Use electronic funds withdrawal, Federal as well. ProSeries will not allow me to efile it. Any ideas? 
Is there an updated link to this page? I cannot find the same page for year 2021.
Why is 8878 greyed out? Cannot be filled. I need client's electronic filing authorization before setting up the payment withdrawal? Anyone else having this problem with ProSeries professional?  
I am filing form 7004 for a corporation and needs to pay with the extension. What is the electronic filing form? I see 8878, but when I try to select it, it doe not save or allow me to click in any o... See more...
I am filing form 7004 for a corporation and needs to pay with the extension. What is the electronic filing form? I see 8878, but when I try to select it, it doe not save or allow me to click in any of the fields. 
Thanks, but this does not answer my question. The article says: State adjustments may be needed if the return includes a state that doesn't conform to federal guidelines. My question was how do w... See more...
Thanks, but this does not answer my question. The article says: State adjustments may be needed if the return includes a state that doesn't conform to federal guidelines. My question was how do we treat the PPP loan for state that do not comply with federal, California in this case.   
Do you recommend filing 7004 even if no payment due? How come in some instances failure to file  penalty of $195 per month is imposed on form partnership and s-corporation filers even if they file 70... See more...
Do you recommend filing 7004 even if no payment due? How come in some instances failure to file  penalty of $195 per month is imposed on form partnership and s-corporation filers even if they file 7004?  
Detail instructions on how to treat PPP loan forgiveness on California return? Loans have not been forgiven yet. Do we exclude 60% of payroll and 40% of utility and rent? Do we add an amount to incom... See more...
Detail instructions on how to treat PPP loan forgiveness on California return? Loans have not been forgiven yet. Do we exclude 60% of payroll and 40% of utility and rent? Do we add an amount to income for the total?
Thank you.
Thank you TaxGuyBill. Great information. Based on item number 2 in your reply, it would not work in my client's case. These are commercial garage doors, and tools sheds with useful life of over 12 mo... See more...
Thank you TaxGuyBill. Great information. Based on item number 2 in your reply, it would not work in my client's case. These are commercial garage doors, and tools sheds with useful life of over 12 months.  
Any special qualifying requirements other than cost of under $2,500? I do have 4 items under $2,500 and gross income is around $100k. 
Using ProSeries Professional, FTB 3554, CA New Employment Credit appears in every return. Do we need to complete it even if TP do not have employees? Base year has to be entered and it will affect fu... See more...
Using ProSeries Professional, FTB 3554, CA New Employment Credit appears in every return. Do we need to complete it even if TP do not have employees? Base year has to be entered and it will affect future years. 
Can I use the de minims safe harbor rule for assets under $2500 for commercial garage door and is the code in ProSeries Professional? 
For state of California, regarding the PPP loan forgiveness. Is the amount taxable? Are expenses tax deductible? If not, how do we calculate what expenses are or are not deductible? 
I am using ProSeries professional. I am on the Intuit Link Client Details page. I see a new function called "Sent email". It shows my first email to the client. How can I send additional emails using... See more...
I am using ProSeries professional. I am on the Intuit Link Client Details page. I see a new function called "Sent email". It shows my first email to the client. How can I send additional emails using the same function? I don't see the usual email setup, new email, send...
Thank you Bob for the section code: Eligible individual For purposes of this section, the term “eligible individual” means any individual other than— (1) any nonresident alien individual, (2) any... See more...
Thank you Bob for the section code: Eligible individual For purposes of this section, the term “eligible individual” means any individual other than— (1) any nonresident alien individual, (2) any individual with respect to whom a deduction under section 151 is allowable to another taxpayer for a taxable year beginning in the calendar year in which the individual’s taxable year begins, and (3) an estate or trust.
Can a family who moved to the U.S. in March of 2020, became resident alien upon entry qualify for both rebate credits? All have valid social security numbers. They meet all other qualifications. 
Lisa - thank you so much. The most straight forward help I received from this community. 
I have a ProSeries professional, where is the 1040-NR? 
Equipment was used for 5 years. The numbers that I presented were not actual. I just wanted a simple answer.  Do we have recapture depreciation? Is it cap at 25% like real estate? Where does it go... See more...
Equipment was used for 5 years. The numbers that I presented were not actual. I just wanted a simple answer.  Do we have recapture depreciation? Is it cap at 25% like real estate? Where does it go on the form? Why ProSeries is not calculating page 2 of 4797?
Please let me know what I am missing in calculating capital (loss), and depreciation recapture on 4797 this is all long term. Help please.  Equipment was purchased for $100,000, depreciation is $10,... See more...
Please let me know what I am missing in calculating capital (loss), and depreciation recapture on 4797 this is all long term. Help please.  Equipment was purchased for $100,000, depreciation is $10,000, sold for $1000. Capital Gain (loss) is $89,000 ($100,000 - $10,000 depreciation - $1000 sale price).  Is this considered section 1245 property? Gain (loss) goes on Part I, form 4797 $89,000? Recapture goes on Part III line 25b $10,000? ProSeries Professional is not calculating the anything on page 2 form 4797.