sffdib's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sffdib's Posts

Data reappeared. 
Filing a return with unemployment compensation from CA. I run Federal return diagnostics, and received this message: Unemployment Compensation Exclusion Important: While the Federal product has bee... See more...
Filing a return with unemployment compensation from CA. I run Federal return diagnostics, and received this message: Unemployment Compensation Exclusion Important: While the Federal product has been updated according according to IRS guidance for unemployment. State returns may also be impacted by these changes and have not yet been updated. Please review your state returns for possible impacts before filing or wait for the state update that addresses unemployment.  Is this message generic? Any updates on CA?
Thank you. No backup. This is supposed to be worry free all 100% online tool. 
Can I link my current DocuSign account established outside ProSeries with ProSeries Professional?
Intuit Link, blinked, then screen opened asking me for my account number and zip code. It says, your account was verified, you can keep using Link as you did before. New page opened with a list of my... See more...
Intuit Link, blinked, then screen opened asking me for my account number and zip code. It says, your account was verified, you can keep using Link as you did before. New page opened with a list of my clients and I LOST ALL MY CLIENTS' DATA. 
I just opened a return that I previously prepared, not filed, with UI. It had showed taxable UI when I prepared it. Once I opened it now, it made its own adjustment on Federal, the Schedule CA (540) ... See more...
I just opened a return that I previously prepared, not filed, with UI. It had showed taxable UI when I prepared it. Once I opened it now, it made its own adjustment on Federal, the Schedule CA (540) looks strange, should I trusted it? Anyone confirmed the math?  
followed all instructions. Still closing on me. 
ProSeries closes after latest update. There is an article to resolve this problem. The article refers to "Tools -Repair Updates" which does not exists inside the program. The article also lists instr... See more...
ProSeries closes after latest update. There is an article to resolve this problem. The article refers to "Tools -Repair Updates" which does not exists inside the program. The article also lists instruction, from the start menu when used, it will launch a 2019 software repairs. I am having an issue with 2020 software. Any help?
A client purchased a new truck for $X from a dealership. The client paid $X minus $Y (manufacture’s rebate) = $Z. For the purpose of depreciation, should we add the rebate as income and depreciate fu... See more...
A client purchased a new truck for $X from a dealership. The client paid $X minus $Y (manufacture’s rebate) = $Z. For the purpose of depreciation, should we add the rebate as income and depreciate full purchase price $X or should we enter purchase price less rebate $Z as asset cost? This is a 1065 which means I have to balance the books.
So far I filed 22 extensions 1065, 1120, and 1120s. Hopefully a decision is made before the Sch Cs are due. They should extend this filing season. 
How to handle Unemployment Compensation 1099-G California return? I have the instructions for Federal 1040.
How to handle PPP loan in California returns if AB-80 does not pass today? 
Client had a new born in 2020. Social security department says that there is a delay in issuing new SSN due to covid. We used to use "applied for" I don't see it on ProSeires Professional. Any ideas?
I have being refreshing my screen all day today for an update, now I see updates from 5 hours ago. What to do to keep track of updates regarding this topic?
Check this IRS webpage: New Exclusion of up to $10,200 of Unemployment Compensation | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov) Trying to figure out how to handle it in CA forms. As if excluded on Fed, it ... See more...
Check this IRS webpage: New Exclusion of up to $10,200 of Unemployment Compensation | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov) Trying to figure out how to handle it in CA forms. As if excluded on Fed, it will also be excluded a second time in CA forms. Lastly,  sign up for Spidell message board. Great group. More information. I only post here for ProSeries program related issues.  Message Board - Spidell (caltax.com) 
Most of my business clients are complaining when I email them a password protected PDF because it contains EIN number and they don't remember it like a social security number. Is there a way to chang... See more...
Most of my business clients are complaining when I email them a password protected PDF because it contains EIN number and they don't remember it like a social security number. Is there a way to change the password format from full SSN or EIN, city and zip, no spaces all lower case to a windows opens before it sent and we can enter something specific to the client?
Just the business address is transferring. It was just that one return. All others were fine. 
Data is not transferring from the Sch C to a Single Member LLC form 568. Box is checked on Sch C Federal form, CA Single Member LLC is under State(s) on Federal Information Sheet, anyone else is havi... See more...
Data is not transferring from the Sch C to a Single Member LLC form 568. Box is checked on Sch C Federal form, CA Single Member LLC is under State(s) on Federal Information Sheet, anyone else is having this problem? I deleted the return and reimported it from last year and still have the same problem. 
I received a message "ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed. Please review the changes to determine if an amended return needs to... See more...
I received a message "ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed. Please review the changes to determine if an amended return needs to be filed. I did not make any changes to the return. The refund amounts are the same. When I clicked on "Display Changes", form Amounts on Individual Income Tax Return as E-filed" appears. I don't see anything different.  Anyone else having this problem?