sffdib's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sffdib's Posts

Trying to add back PPP loan to form 565, I entered the amount under income line 11a and it does not flow thru to the K1. Anyone knows how to add back the expense for none payroll partnership?
No override. 
follow up to my previous comments. I changed the cost of goods sold on schedule C, went to form 568 to check if the new number was updated, the number that I had previously manually enter did not cha... See more...
follow up to my previous comments. I changed the cost of goods sold on schedule C, went to form 568 to check if the new number was updated, the number that I had previously manually enter did not change. 
I just filed an extension and box did not appear. 
Return was open 5-11-2021, 2:09 pm PT, clicked on EF Now, box opened to confirm, clicked yes, few other boxed opened as it does with all returns., message appeared again, clicked ok, EF Center appear... See more...
Return was open 5-11-2021, 2:09 pm PT, clicked on EF Now, box opened to confirm, clicked yes, few other boxed opened as it does with all returns., message appeared again, clicked ok, EF Center appeared on the screen. 
Thanks, done. 
I just had to delete the State return, then pushed the data again, and skipped transferring data from last year. It showed the statements as place holder without the extra stuff from last year. I ent... See more...
I just had to delete the State return, then pushed the data again, and skipped transferring data from last year. It showed the statements as place holder without the extra stuff from last year. I entered the numbers manually. Every day, my dislike level of this program goes higher. I would not recommend it. I am going to start shopping for another program. 
Yes, the box is checked. It transfers some of the data correctly and some incorrectly plus extra stuff from last year, e.g if I had utility expense last year on schedule C and it was transferred to f... See more...
Yes, the box is checked. It transfers some of the data correctly and some incorrectly plus extra stuff from last year, e.g if I had utility expense last year on schedule C and it was transferred to form 568, I delete the utility expense this year it will show utility expenses with no amount on form 568. It looks like it does not clear the expenses on form 568, it stores it from year to year which brings me to the point why it would this for one data field and not the others. For now I just need to figure out if I can delete it or not. 
I am working on the single member LLC. I entered all the information on schedule C, I used supporting statements with boxes unchecked and some checked. I opened form 568 (CA LLC), I see I have additi... See more...
I am working on the single member LLC. I entered all the information on schedule C, I used supporting statements with boxes unchecked and some checked. I opened form 568 (CA LLC), I see I have additional blank supporting statements showing the description and no amounts and it is also keeping expenses descriptions from last year return without amounts. Can I delete them? Why does the program keep these types of expenses and it would not even keep the LLC starting date that I have to enter every year? How do I get it import fresh information?   
You maybe correct, but it does not look right to me. It is asking for financial institution information, middle of the form is asking for 8949 information. My old software, you just had to put purcha... See more...
You maybe correct, but it does not look right to me. It is asking for financial institution information, middle of the form is asking for 8949 information. My old software, you just had to put purchase date, sale date, description, proceeds, and cost. 
How is the sale of self-created goodwill asset entered on schedule D? It looks like to me that the only options to enter sale of any assets in ProSeries is thru QuickZoom for 1099-B, Nonbusiness Bad ... See more...
How is the sale of self-created goodwill asset entered on schedule D? It looks like to me that the only options to enter sale of any assets in ProSeries is thru QuickZoom for 1099-B, Nonbusiness Bad Debt, or Home Sale Worksheet and I know that it is none of those.   
Thank you. 
FYI, self-employed client had an anticipated refund $XX, and deferred amount on schedule 3, Part II line 12e, the client received a refund less the deferred amount. 
Thanks Lisa. You're my guardian angel.
Thanks Lisa. I understood the deferred SS for employees. I missed the one for Self-Employed. How do I stop ProSeries from showing it as an error when clients do not want to defer social security to D... See more...
Thanks Lisa. I understood the deferred SS for employees. I missed the one for Self-Employed. How do I stop ProSeries from showing it as an error when clients do not want to defer social security to Dec 2022? Sch SE-T is always showing as an error unless I allocate net profit to March 27, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
Ok. thanks. I will email you the file. 
For 2020 Schedule 3, Part II, line 12 (e), Deferral for certain schedule H and SE filers. When I read the word "deferral", I cannot help but to think it needs to be paid back at some point. The instr... See more...
For 2020 Schedule 3, Part II, line 12 (e), Deferral for certain schedule H and SE filers. When I read the word "deferral", I cannot help but to think it needs to be paid back at some point. The instructions that I read describes it but nothing on pay back. Does this have to be paid back next year? 
I am not making this up. Subscribe to Spidell and follow the conversations there. The only reason I am posting on this board is to see how is ProSeries going to handle this adjustment. By the way thi... See more...
I am not making this up. Subscribe to Spidell and follow the conversations there. The only reason I am posting on this board is to see how is ProSeries going to handle this adjustment. By the way this is not only for California, they posted the names of 9 other States. You can also check out Calhoun vs. Commissioner (1992) 64 TC 222 - MFJ - $20,400 UI exclusion case. 
Hi dkh, this is not what I am reading from other boards. This is specific to community property States and the conversations started on May 6. In my clients' case it is specific to CA due to communit... See more...
Hi dkh, this is not what I am reading from other boards. This is specific to community property States and the conversations started on May 6. In my clients' case it is specific to CA due to community property rules but thank you for trying to help. 
Thanks Lisa, how to enter it in ProSeries. Now it is only deducting $10,200.