Just-Lisa-Now-'s Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just-Lisa-Now-'s Posts

Client forgot to bring in that 1099DIV so it was completely omitted from return....it showed $1277 in ordinary divs and the same $1277 as qual divs.   (the return had $135 in ord div and $135 in qual ... See more...
Client forgot to bring in that 1099DIV so it was completely omitted from return....it showed $1277 in ordinary divs and the same $1277 as qual divs.   (the return had $135 in ord div and $135 in qual div reported on it from a different brokerage, but that's all) How that CP2000 could say that $1277 in Qual divs was included on return, but -0- ordinary divs were included is what baffles me.....
Why would it show that the qualified dividends were already included on the return then (when they clearly were not)?    That part doesn't make any sense to me.
Ive seen a few of them for 2016.   The program wont even let you input qualified dividends in box 1b of a 1099DIV without the same or larger amount of ordinary dividends in Box 1a. It makes the amou... See more...
Ive seen a few of them for 2016.   The program wont even let you input qualified dividends in box 1b of a 1099DIV without the same or larger amount of ordinary dividends in Box 1a. It makes the amount due on the CP2000 wrong since its not computing the tax as qualified dividends, so rather than have the client just pay the amount on the CP2000 I've got to prepare a 1040X and attach it to the CP2000 response. Pretty sneaky IRS, DIYers will just see that they forgot to include the 1099DIV and just pay the amount shown on the notice!
Not sure there's a way for the employer to avoid both halves on the 941.    Seems like the employee would end up getting the amount paid in with the 8919 refunded to them at some point.....I've never... See more...
Not sure there's a way for the employer to avoid both halves on the 941.    Seems like the employee would end up getting the amount paid in with the 8919 refunded to them at some point.....I've never had this situation before though.
Im sure this is obvious...but did you try to reconvert the files?   If they were converted then you installed an update, you need to reconvert them.
you've got the box checked to autofill, right?
If you have an extension, then it has to be issued before the due date of the extension.
Homebase has numbers down the left side margin that show you the count of returns. If by dollar amount you mean your invoiced amount, the only way to figure that would be to customize the Homebase c... See more...
Homebase has numbers down the left side margin that show you the count of returns. If by dollar amount you mean your invoiced amount, the only way to figure that would be to customize the Homebase columns to include the invoice amount, then add up the column yourself. ProSeries does not contain this information in any type of report or summary.
You can customize the column headings in Homebase to include your invoice amount, then drag out the adding machine and tally them up (if the dollars youre referring to is the dollars you charged the c... See more...
You can customize the column headings in Homebase to include your invoice amount, then drag out the adding machine and tally them up (if the dollars youre referring to is the dollars you charged the clients)
Those instructions seem rather complicated.
Install ProSeries on the new computer. On the old computer, open ProSeries and highlight all your client files.  Choose File > Client File maintenance and Copy/backup all the files to a flashdrive. ... See more...
Install ProSeries on the new computer. On the old computer, open ProSeries and highlight all your client files.  Choose File > Client File maintenance and Copy/backup all the files to a flashdrive. Open ProSeries on new computer. Click File > Client File maintenance and choose Restore.  Highlight all the files on the flashdrive and restore to the new computer. Now run the Homebase Database Maintenance, that should sync HB up.    You'll then want to open the EF Center, highlight all your client files and choose to Update Selected Acknowledgements to pull all the EFile information into the new computer.
I'm curious, why would you need to or want to?
PTIN doesn't require fingerprinting.  Do you mean when you applied for an EFIN?
I tried it over 10 times, still no go......I just shut off my wi-fi, logged in offline and turned my wi-fi back on....at least the program still works!
Im guessing a reboot is in my near future....just thought Id share!
Ive never once printed a "client copy", I only print the filing copy since that's what IRS sees, that's what I want myself and the client to see......there could be all sorts of weird junk in the clie... See more...
Ive never once printed a "client copy", I only print the filing copy since that's what IRS sees, that's what I want myself and the client to see......there could be all sorts of weird junk in the client copy, I'd never even know!
They original question said Client Copy.
does IL require dashes or slashes in the date?  just a plain old space in between the numbers isn't acceptable?
Not sure why anyone would need 10+ year old software....just this morning I uninstalled 2009, 2010 and 2011 programs and client files off an old computer...havent touched them in 5 years, cant imagine... See more...
Not sure why anyone would need 10+ year old software....just this morning I uninstalled 2009, 2010 and 2011 programs and client files off an old computer...havent touched them in 5 years, cant imagine needing them again.
In the mean time you may want to try relicensing your product. Tools > License Product and see if that helps