Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this error message popping up and how do I fix so I can e-file "check to ensure that all selected returns have been successfully converted for electronic filing"

SoCal920
Level 2

How to correct conversion error

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitJeff-H
Employee
Employee

I would go into the Program and verify that you have the option to Convert and Transmit selected. It sounds like based on the description you are trying to Transmit and the returns are not converted. 

Go to the EF Center and highlight the return you are trying to file.

Click on E-file in the Top Menu, Choose Electronic Filling>Conver/Transmit Returns/Extemsions/Payments

On the next screen that comes up verify that the option for Convert and Transmit is selected and try to E-file again

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im sure this is obvious...but did you try to reconvert the files?   If they were converted then you installed an update, you need to reconvert them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitJeff-H
Employee
Employee

I would go into the Program and verify that you have the option to Convert and Transmit selected. It sounds like based on the description you are trying to Transmit and the returns are not converted. 

Go to the EF Center and highlight the return you are trying to file.

Click on E-file in the Top Menu, Choose Electronic Filling>Conver/Transmit Returns/Extemsions/Payments

On the next screen that comes up verify that the option for Convert and Transmit is selected and try to E-file again

0 Cheers
abdi
Level 1

Had the message "Not transmitted. The selected return was nto succesfully converted..". Refreshed updates but that did not solve conversion problem. Went to Efile then Eletronic filing then convert/transmit

and choose only convert option. Resubmitted file and got new message. "PTIN not verified". so went to

Tools-options-preparer info. Next to preparer tax Id selected PR=TIN verified (Tick it). That solved my problem.

0 Cheers