michele's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

michele's Posts

It has been a couple years and I don't like what the wizard is showing.  The property has a basis of 30670   Property was sold for 165,000  the fair market value of the new property is 350,00. The w... See more...
It has been a couple years and I don't like what the wizard is showing.  The property has a basis of 30670   Property was sold for 165,000  the fair market value of the new property is 350,00. The wizard is wanting to show a differed gain of  319,000    when the differed gain should be the difference  of 134330, (165,000 - 30670 ) Any one else have trouble with the wizard the only way to get the differed gain correct is to put in the 165,000 as value of property received which it was not. Did not seem like I had problems in the past getting correct amounts. thx  Michele  
husband had lucrative real estate partnership It became passive when he  Becomes totally disabled and placed in the nursing home. Tax year 2020 partnership is placed in wife's name. Wife dies unexpec... See more...
husband had lucrative real estate partnership It became passive when he  Becomes totally disabled and placed in the nursing home. Tax year 2020 partnership is placed in wife's name. Wife dies unexpectedly in 2021 so she is entitled to losses for the years in her name.  He is still alive and the prior losses for him should stay with him.  . So program was marked for a number of years for the taxpayer then the last couple years it was marked for spouse. but marking it final for her pulls all the losses. and does not separate them. Am I going to have to remove his prior losses then show them on a future return for him. I hate doing that.  The partnership is still ongoing as it went in the daughters name. Don't know how the lawyer got this all transferred around.  Never anything dull at our office.   thanks Michele
I have k-1's  I was entering into a partnership.  There is no place to input the distributions or to  track capital and recourse or  non recourse for these k-1's  Is everyone creating a spread sheet ... See more...
I have k-1's  I was entering into a partnership.  There is no place to input the distributions or to  track capital and recourse or  non recourse for these k-1's  Is everyone creating a spread sheet or notes to track?  Any help greatly appreciated.   thanks Michele
Thanks for the input. I would have to move over 2500 clients and that is a big undertaking. I am pretty tech savvy but would not have a lot of help as my accountants and staff run the program but don... See more...
Thanks for the input. I would have to move over 2500 clients and that is a big undertaking. I am pretty tech savvy but would not have a lot of help as my accountants and staff run the program but don’t understand the ins and outs of everything. Every state and depreciation schedules would probably drive nuts making sure they are correct and all the carry over schedules for investments and such. Sometimes I think Lacerte sees the number of clients you carry in a data base and thinks you will just go ahead and pay 20,000-30,000 a year because of the headaches it will cause to make a move. A lot to ponder but can’t sit around if that is the road I travel down as it will require a lot of work thx michele
I have been with Lacerte for 12 years thinking about moving to Ultra Tax. Has anyone moved from Ultra to Lacerte .  I am sure everyone keeps seeing their fees going up. being business owners we under... See more...
I have been with Lacerte for 12 years thinking about moving to Ultra Tax. Has anyone moved from Ultra to Lacerte .  I am sure everyone keeps seeing their fees going up. being business owners we understand fees have to go up . (Just got off phone with billing as I needed more users than what they had listed I could right off see the raise for the esignautres.) Overall tech support is awful. To get someone that know something you have to just say thank you hang up and redial and hope for someone different. Early on I had a an account representative .That does not exist anymore. It is kind of like yes we will take your money but  sorry about you once we have the money.    Why did you move from Ultra Tax ?  How was support. I rarely need support and know Lacerte inside and out and the thought of learning another program is not a fun idea.  I am already having to get rid of efile cabinet after being with them for 8 years as they became Rubex and that was a nightmare for us during tax season now they are becoming Revver so  I can't deal with their growing changing pains any longer.Thx Michele    
I wonder when they are going to push us all to the cloud. I pay plenty and got my renewal and if I move to the cloud $23300.00   With Lacerte. I have always hated the thought of moving a large client... See more...
I wonder when they are going to push us all to the cloud. I pay plenty and got my renewal and if I move to the cloud $23300.00   With Lacerte. I have always hated the thought of moving a large client base to Thomason Reuters but it is looking better all the time. Just getting ridiculous Just found out. After 8 years with e-file cabinet they are now saying only cloud so might as well go with smart vault if I have to be in the cloud. The cloud makes it difficult when you have some seasonal staff. Their solution is to have someone in charge of deactivating support staff at the end of shift and reactivate beginning shifts. Who has time for all that . UGH Michele
Sold home that had been taking office in the home.   I have entered these before no problem. Checked to make sure all the boxes were correctly marked and it is calculating a gain. The program is show... See more...
Sold home that had been taking office in the home.   I have entered these before no problem. Checked to make sure all the boxes were correctly marked and it is calculating a gain. The program is showing the basis as to what her basis in the office was and throwing everything into capital gains. There is no capital gains with the exclusion. She should be paying on the recapture etc.. Anyone else have this problem?
Working away and got a pop up download license. Never had that before .  Anyone know what is up with that.  I did not download that.   thanks Michele
I though a grandchild a taxpayer is raising qualifies as claiming qualified widower. The program is giving me an error as if the grandchild does not qualify.   thanks Michele
After last update Lacerte wiped all my settings.  Ugh with so many clients have have it set for certain things.  Anyone else have their settings  display wiped?
Thanks, I figured it out it was capital gains.   I guess it must still be Monday  lol.
I don't know if I don't have a box marked or what  There is taxable income but no tax is showing.   thanks michele
Lacerte says that on a grantor trust they will not do a k-1 data export. I know I have done that in the past. When you have tons's of information to enter because they are using an ein  for all thei... See more...
Lacerte says that on a grantor trust they will not do a k-1 data export. I know I have done that in the past. When you have tons's of information to enter because they are using an ein  for all their grantor trust information you have to then  go to the personal return and manually enter that information again.  Anyone else have this problem.  Of course the person I spoke with kept referring to the trust as a partnership and did not have a clue but did send me to a Lacerte page that shows you can not export a grantor trust.  Got to love it when you have 50 rentals that the attorney wants on a grantor trust and then you have to go back and enter all the information on the personal.   thanks Michele
Indiana  We are holding them. A real mess Indiana. Indiana reported the rebates on a 1099-G to those that had a state tax refund last year. The rebate was included in their 1099 G. If they  did not ... See more...
Indiana  We are holding them. A real mess Indiana. Indiana reported the rebates on a 1099-G to those that had a state tax refund last year. The rebate was included in their 1099 G. If they  did not get a state refund  even though they got the state taxpayer rebate they did not get a 1099-G. Try squaring that up with no 1099-G. and they have no plan in place as to coding so they do not pay tax on that rebate in Indiana tax. I am assuming ours could be taxable because it was not a disaster payment. Indiana had excess revenue so they rebated to taxpayers    UGH isn't it wonderful the day in the life of a tax professional. Michele
I figure it is a program error. Indiana IN-W Iis not populating when it is suppose to.  Any one else see this ?Looked for a box to mark but there does not appear to be one.   thanks  Michele
I've always exported invoices from Lacerte to QuickBooks. Using 2023 Premier accountant version. It is being a pain. Hangs there forever won't let you get out of it it shuts down the lacerte program.... See more...
I've always exported invoices from Lacerte to QuickBooks. Using 2023 Premier accountant version. It is being a pain. Hangs there forever won't let you get out of it it shuts down the lacerte program.  Is anyone else having issues?  I really can't see paying for something then having to manually enter invoices.   UGH Michele  
Thanks You would think they would have it set so you can print payment vouchers without printing a tax return. In items to print. So much for trying to make it easier for my processing staff.
Trying to streamline things. I set up under preparer file copy to print only the  8879's state and fed and estimates   I can't find a way to add the 1040 payment voucher or state payment voucher. We ... See more...
Trying to streamline things. I set up under preparer file copy to print only the  8879's state and fed and estimates   I can't find a way to add the 1040 payment voucher or state payment voucher. We print a client return for them. but then you have to hit the pfc individually or you have to pull them out of the return which is a total waste of time. It may not seem like a big thing but when you are printing thousands of returns it is redundant. Not everyone wants to make their payments electronic so we always print their payment voucher's for them.  Called support to see if there was a way to move it up in the print order. let's say support has not been to great this year.     thanks Michele
Indiana amended's with 2210 on original return Lacerte wants to give them a refund.  The 2210 show's up then refunds the amount of the 2210 on the amended. I tried fixing the figures Lacerte has in f... See more...
Indiana amended's with 2210 on original return Lacerte wants to give them a refund.  The 2210 show's up then refunds the amount of the 2210 on the amended. I tried fixing the figures Lacerte has in for the payment they made but then the program says they owe the penalty then on the amended. I am usually good about finding work arounds but not having any luck. They have paid what they were suppose to including the penalty. I guess last resort call Lacerte and let them tell me it is a program error. If anyone has had any luck let me know. I hate to pdf it then put in the correct figures.   thanks Michele    
Is Lacerte capable of importing depreciation from an excel spread sheet. Everything right now is just an adobe copy for this client. I would hope I could send the adobe into excel and then import. Ha... See more...
Is Lacerte capable of importing depreciation from an excel spread sheet. Everything right now is just an adobe copy for this client. I would hope I could send the adobe into excel and then import. Has anyone done this? thx Michele