LoveTax's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoveTax's Posts

We cannot enter full Partnership names via K-1 input - it looks so unprofessional and also hard to keep track of volume of similar named partnerships. Please remove character limit (currently 39). ... See more...
We cannot enter full Partnership names via K-1 input - it looks so unprofessional and also hard to keep track of volume of similar named partnerships. Please remove character limit (currently 39).  
1040 Dividend input - please increase number of characters for Name of Payer field to accommodate various names, at least up to 100 characters. It is frustrating to squeeze and shorten names after c... See more...
1040 Dividend input - please increase number of characters for Name of Payer field to accommodate various names, at least up to 100 characters. It is frustrating to squeeze and shorten names after copy-paste directly from 1099s ... such a waste of time and makes it harder to track and compare numbers with prior year info when payer names are similar and the only difference in the ending.
When creating any invoice, I type descriptions. In the created pdf file half of the descriptions are gone! I have to retype majority of the descriptions. Please fix. Invoicing feature is kind of usel... See more...
When creating any invoice, I type descriptions. In the created pdf file half of the descriptions are gone! I have to retype majority of the descriptions. Please fix. Invoicing feature is kind of useless as it is now.
Thank you for your opinion. IRS Publication 596 for 2020 returns, Rule 8 - Residency test states (on page 11) "Your child must have lived with you in the United States for more than half of 2020." S... See more...
Thank you for your opinion. IRS Publication 596 for 2020 returns, Rule 8 - Residency test states (on page 11) "Your child must have lived with you in the United States for more than half of 2020." So, was not sure if MFJ would still qualify if lived outside US.
Does a US citizen couple qualify for 2020 earned income credit with qualifying US citizen children if the whole family lived outside the US for MORE THAN half of the year?
Why would federal nonresidents file any state return? Dividend and interest income is generally allocated to the recipient's state of residency. If a person is nonresident for federal tax purposes an... See more...
Why would federal nonresidents file any state return? Dividend and interest income is generally allocated to the recipient's state of residency. If a person is nonresident for federal tax purposes and files 1040-NR, what would make this person file any state tax return? Thank you
Add and ability to completely freeze returns once they are filed, so the numbers do NOT change with each software update, subsequent tax law changes should NOT change returns in PTO after they've alr... See more...
Add and ability to completely freeze returns once they are filed, so the numbers do NOT change with each software update, subsequent tax law changes should NOT change returns in PTO after they've already been filed.   Also freezing returns prevents from accidentally changing numbers on completed and filed returns. There should be an ability to unfreeze returns in case we need to amend after making a copy, with warnings confirming that we do want to unlock the previously filed tax return.  
I use PTO. And would like to import documents that I already have in pdf into PTO without requesting Intuit Link from clients.
Please add an ability to modify Client Letters: add notes, content, extra default paragraphs for clients (similar to Lacerte and CCH Profx). Current situation is if we want to add any message for cli... See more...
Please add an ability to modify Client Letters: add notes, content, extra default paragraphs for clients (similar to Lacerte and CCH Profx). Current situation is if we want to add any message for clients, we have to prepare a separate Client Letter and then attach it to pdf file. Workarounds such as: - maintaining a sample Client Letter requires updating refund/tax due numbers for each return, which is extremely inconvenient.  - editing in pdf itself does not work either due to unique PTO font used, so I have to manually retype PTO letters. Ability to modify Client Letters would save A LOT OF TIME spent in assembling final tax return pdf files. 
Please, generate bookmarks for each page in the printed pdf file from ProConnect Tax Online, similar to Turbo Tax, CCH Profx and most other tax softwares.
Is there a way to generate statement or worksheet listing details of W-2 box 12 for 1040?
My clients don't have middle names. Thank you for the first 4 characters tip!
What is the max number of characters allowed for IRS for individual names. I have this suggestion diagnostic in PTO: "Taxpayer's name is being truncated in the e-file. The IRS may delay the posting o... See more...
What is the max number of characters allowed for IRS for individual names. I have this suggestion diagnostic in PTO: "Taxpayer's name is being truncated in the e-file. The IRS may delay the posting of the taxpayer's return and, if applicable, any refund.".  Agent via Live Chat responded that 40 is the max number allowed. I have client totaling 37 characters including spaces (first name last name first name last name). Why diagnostic? and How to fix? Thank you
My bad, I was trying to increase income numbers above $20K for the IRS tool. Here is the IRS screenshot of $351 for $3,600 income for zip code 92677 (income below $20K):  
I do enter the local sales tax of 0.5% (entered as 0.005) Per IRS table instructions and calculator, however, PTO overcalculates? sales taxes totaling $1,043 and without local sales entry of $1,008. ... See more...
I do enter the local sales tax of 0.5% (entered as 0.005) Per IRS table instructions and calculator, however, PTO overcalculates? sales taxes totaling $1,043 and without local sales entry of $1,008. Per IRS 2019 Sales Tax Deduction Calculator result should be $539. This is for CA family of 1, total income of $3,060.
Sch A Line 5a General Sales Taxes  using Optional Sales Tax Table: how does PTO calculate General Sales tax amount when "2=force sales tax" is chosen? 2019 Sales Tax Deduction Calculator shows a muc... See more...
Sch A Line 5a General Sales Taxes  using Optional Sales Tax Table: how does PTO calculate General Sales tax amount when "2=force sales tax" is chosen? 2019 Sales Tax Deduction Calculator shows a much lower result compared to ProConnect Tax Online number. Is there a way to generate sch A optional statement to review the calc?
This thread does not solve it. The solution is to add any state to the return, then source box appears to select (Fed and all states), I choose CA, refresh and numbers flow to CA sch W-2 box 14, then... See more...
This thread does not solve it. The solution is to add any state to the return, then source box appears to select (Fed and all states), I choose CA, refresh and numbers flow to CA sch W-2 box 14, then I delete the extra state and CA sch W-2 continues to reflect right numbers. I wish that PTO does this simple flow automatically without the workaround hassle...
CA Sch W-2 line 14, CA SDI amount from box 14 is NOT reflected, it is blank (however, amounts flows correctly to Fed sch A and CA sch CA line 5a). What is the correct input for regular CA SDI (not VP... See more...
CA Sch W-2 line 14, CA SDI amount from box 14 is NOT reflected, it is blank (however, amounts flows correctly to Fed sch A and CA sch CA line 5a). What is the correct input for regular CA SDI (not VPDI)? How to input to reflect correctly on CA sch W-2 Wage and Tax Statement box 14? My current input is via Wages W-2 "Box 14 State disability insurance withheld {}" This Q is for PTO. Thank you
So, I have to download from Documents and re-upload to Link to import? I cannot move/copy from Document straight to Link?