Follow the steps provided in this article if:
- ProSeries (or a ProSeries window) opens minimized and won't restore to full screen, or
- Selecting a Ctrl+E field locks up ProSeries and generates a Windows dinging sound.
This can occur if the Ctrl+E windows open in a different position than they were closed, or if they open off the screen. Windows can open behind the main program window, making it impossible to select anything. This may also occur with other windows that open in the program.
If ProSeries is opening off screen:
- Press Alt+Space.
- Press the M key for Move.
- Use the arrow keys to move the window until it can be seen.
- If the monitor setup has changed, moving the window to the left or right will usually cause the window to show up on the screen.
- Position the window in the desired location.
- When the program is closed, its current position will be saved and the program will re-open in its current location.
If a pop-up window is opening offscreen:
Some pop-up windows won't move using the Alt +Space method. Follow these steps to reposition these windows:
- Press and hold the Windows key + Shift.
- While holding the Windows key + Shift, press each arrow key, one at a time, to see if the window appears.
- Once the window appears, release the keys and position the window in the desired location.
- When ProSeries is closed, its current position will be saved and the program will re-open it in its current location.
Following these steps won't lock the error message to the spot it's moved to. It'll go back to the corner of the screen if the error happens again.