This article will help you if you get any of the following errors:
- When opening ProSeries, a window with Error Code 30 is displayed.
- When closed, another error pops up saying Error Building Cache 30; Contact Technical Support.
- A third window stating Running ProSeries Updates from the Windows Start Menu is displayed.
Before you start:
- This article references default installation paths and uses YY to reference the tax year in 20YY format. C: will always indicate the local drive and X: will always indicate the network drive.
Running Updates to correct this issue:
- Close the error message.
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Browse to the Updates folder:
- For ProSeries Professional Stand Alone the path is C:\ProWinYY\Updates
- For ProSeries Professional Network the path is X:\ProNetYY\Updates
- For ProSeries Basic the path is C:\BasWinYY\Updates
- Open the Updates folder and press CTRL+A to select all the files.
- Press the Delete key to remove all the old update files.
- Select the Windows Start Menu.
- Find the ProSeries 20YY folder and select ProSeries Updates.
- Once the updates are complete, open ProSeries.