Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sum of All Fears

BobKamman
Level 15

After reading some of the recent questions posted here – and some of the answers – is anyone else more scared than usual about the tax preparation industry?

14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've been here longer than you have -------- I've been scared for years.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN  But to answer my question -- no more scared now, than usual?

Ever since the Zorro trademark was stolen, I've felt that 1040's are being slashed with Z's by people who shouldn't be allowed near tax forms.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

One of these days one is going to get to me on a bad day and I'm going to ask if they actually charge clients real cash money to prepare returns.  Or as those sophisticated preparers would say actually "charge their customers".

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

I'm not bothered by the terminology that my doctor uses.  I'm still one of his best customers.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

Me, too.  Re: been here for years and been scared for a while.

Ex-AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

Wasn't that the one with Ben Affleck where they nuked Baltimore?

I like the posters who "have been preparing tax returns for 30+ years" but still haven't figured out how to read the instructions to answer their very basic question.

I think we need to add "what does 'you' mean" to our "gaurd dog" and "under 24" list.

I'm doing a lot of "walk on by" this year and adding more and more people to my "do not answer" list.

Rick

abctax55
Level 15

Especially scared given posts from some 'long time' poster(s) that really should know the answer to their double post......

And yep,  my fear is getting worse.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: is anyone else more scared than usual about the tax preparation industry?

I don't even go there.  I got scared enough by hearing from my professor friends how we've had a generation or two of business majors (including graduate students) who don't know how to solve one equation with one unknown, know all answers are on the internet, and are oblivious about pretty much anything that they don't watch on their cell phones.  They will be handling my American dollar when I retire. 

But then, some of them are the ones supporting my meme stocks....   I feel better thinking about that. 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Back in the earlier days, I would at least glance at pretty much every post that showed up.  But since Intuit made this their first line of support, there are too many posts to keep up with.  Plus, the 8915F questions pretty much wore me out.  I'll take a gander here every so often (usually while I wait the 45 minutes for a return to print) and call it good.  I've become more of a social visitor than a support person and I kind of like it that way.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

Yeah, I used to look at everything too.  Like you I'm a "stay on page 1" reader.  And after I ignore all of the 8915-F posts, and posts from people who I know have no business being in this profession and/or in this forum, that leaves about 3 left.

[bump to keep this on page 1, or at least try to knock the 8812 personal attack thread off to page 2]

IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on that 8812 thread you can see that I have mellowed out over the years.  I was "almost" polite in responding to him.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I was afraid to speak on this very same thing for being shamed to even go there.

BobKamman
Level 15

Good thing some of us here are shameless.  

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Thus Spake the Bob....

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.