Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star date November 18, 2023

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome. I'm just wondering how many people do not know about the new e-file mandate, I.E  10 combined W-2 forms and 1099 forms, and ended up mailing them in. I wonder if the IRS is going to penalize them? Hopefully they do not because I'm sure many people do not know about this. All of this e-filing is getting to be a little bit ridiculous. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think they should change the name to Slow Employer Forms.  The guinea pig I sent on January 16th was our own 1099 we send to our landlord.  I just got an e-mail a little while ago saying it was accepted.  Other 1099s sent previously were accepted but the first one out was the last one accepted.  

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I just checked about an hour or so ago and I still have some 1099 forms that were sent and received but apparently not accepted. 

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN @TiredFarmer just received more 1099nec acceptances for Federal, which were efiled approximately two or so weeks ago.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Since you are on a different system, I am going to throw out a guess that the delays are coming from the IRS side of things --------------------------- even though I would prefer to blame Intuit. 😜

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN Still waiting for state acceptances, if I am suppose to get them, not sure. First year efiling 1099nec. The state received them, so I am not worried (no fit or state income tax withheld anyway, mostly 1099nec for payments to me).

TiredFarmer
Level 7

It shows all of mine were accepted...I just haven't figured out how to print something showing it was accepted except for a screen shot.  It went better than I thought it would and for that I am grateful for your all's assistance and support.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm glad you survived the venture into the unknown 😀

Slava Ukraini!