Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My client forgot to give me the tax years 2018 and 2019 form 1099-s. Now IRS audited him and wants him to pay back a lot of money. Can anyone help me to solve this problem or advise?

Level 9

When you do the amended returns, as indicated in other posts, be sure to send them with a copy of the IRS notice to the address on the notice.

IRS will adjust accounting on what is owed. Would be a good idea to have include a check if the amended return still shows a balance due. Separate check for each return, Certified mail each return and check in separate envelopes.