Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel 1065 Extension Filed Schedule C instead

I have an odd question. I filed a 1065 for my LLC but filed my 1040 with Schedule C rather today. I know you can cancel a filing so what do I do? Just not worry about it?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Level 15

You reported your income twice: once on  F1065 and again on F1040 Schedule C  and you ask if you should Just Not Worry About It ??        Sure - don't worry about it.


Edit:  I missed the 'extension' in the question.  So only reported income once?   However, you can't ignore filing a 1065 return if IRS is expecting one.   CP575A letter indicates what type of return IRS expects to be filed for the EIN issued.  

Level 11
Level 11

If you filed an unneeded extension just let it expire.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

Yeah, I only reported it on the Schedule C. I realized later I didn’t need to file a 1065 because I am the sole owner of my LLC. I wasn’t sure at the time so I filed to extension incase I needed to go that way. 

0 Cheers