Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication options (Login.gov)

JRC
Level 8

Login.Gov encourages users to use a Secondary Authentication incase you lose access to your primary authentication method. If you do not you must Delete your account and create a new one? But how do you delete your account if you can't get into it to Delete it? Hmmm?

Other options are:

Face or touch unlock

Authentication application

Security Key

Text message or Phone call

Backup codes

I am stuck on which other one to use they all seem to be very restrictive if you loose it (Security Key) you will be locked out of your accounts? I got stuck at this step because I didn't know what to select and how they worked.

Any Thoughts?

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Any Thoughts?"

Retirement?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Any Thoughts?"

Retirement?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Wouldn't be surprised if one day they ask for a blood sample to check the DNA to make sure it's you. SMH.

dkh
Level 15

I always choose  Text message / Phone call          

JRC
Level 8

dkh: I do select Text message/phone but they are asking for more than one verification besides this which I am stuck on how the others work.

Thanks

dkh
Level 15

ohhhhhhh     sorry Monday morning I-dont-want-to-be-here brain

I think Backup codes are a set of numbers you get now for use later.....which means finding a safe place to store and remembering where that safe place is.   ( I'm good at find the safe place but not good at remembering where it is)

JRC
Level 8

DITTO.. I will never remember the Safe place which is why I haven't finished the setup. And if you loose them your out of luck..