Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting payments from clients

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

For years I have been accepting credit cards running them through the website, Quickbooks payments.  I can also run payment through using the client's bank routing number and account number (e-checks). Never really had a problem with this method until the last couple of weeks.

The e-checks have been "delayed" recently.  The credit cards are credited to my checking account the next business day usually but thee e-checks are put in this delayed mode for days.   I called Quickbooks payments customer service and they said that is how it works now on these e-checks.  I was wondering if anyone else here is seeing this delay. Thanks

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxPandaCPA
Level 4

Hi Jim, I am happy to share my side of the troubleshooting experience with you and hopefully, I can be of help. Due to the routing number being used for ACH or wire transfers, a first-time deposit will require a prenote override. You can check your payment status and diagnostic code by following the steps below and chat with the agent to help expedite the process."

Let me know if there's anything else you need!

Hope it helps. Thank you in advance for marking mine as your "BEST answer"!

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
PATAX
Level 15

That is prime scenario why I do not accept credit cards. Once a business starts accepting credit cards and customers/clients become accustomed to it, then it is sometimes difficult to cease accepting credit cards.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But it sounds like the credit cards are working fine, the e-checks are the issue.  So it's either be patient for the payment, find another outfit to handle the process, or stop accepting e-checks.  I resisted plastic for years but finally caved a few years ago.  I use Square for processing plastic, but I add a convenience fee for using it - my fees are low enough the way they are so I am not eating a processing fee when I am quite happy to accept a check or cash.  

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍Welcome back Iron Man. Heidi was starting to worry about you.🐕

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks.  I was busy rebuilding a screen house out at my cabin.  I built the thing about 35 years ago, and I swear that they have increased the weight of a bundle of shingles in that time.  At least I assume that is the case as opposed to not being as strong as I used to be 35 years ago. 😅

Slava Ukraini!
TaxPandaCPA
Level 4

Hi Jim, I am happy to share my side of the troubleshooting experience with you and hopefully, I can be of help. Due to the routing number being used for ACH or wire transfers, a first-time deposit will require a prenote override. You can check your payment status and diagnostic code by following the steps below and chat with the agent to help expedite the process."

Let me know if there's anything else you need!

TaxPandaCPA
Level 4

Open your browser and log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
Access the Gear Icon:

In the top right corner of the QuickBooks Online dashboard, you'll see the Gear Icon (⚙️). Click on it to open the settings menu.
Navigate to Account and Settings:

In the settings menu, select "Account and Settings" under the "Your Company" section. This will take you to a page where you can manage various aspects of your QuickBooks account.
Go to Payments:

In the left-hand menu of the Account and Settings page, click on "Payments". This section contains all the settings related to your QuickBooks Payments account.
View and Adjust Payment Settings:

Here, you can view your payment processing details, including your payment method (e.g., credit cards, ACH, e-checks), and adjust your preferences. You can also see information about your payment processing fees, bank account details, and other relevant settings.
Review Payment Processing Status

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I am not using QB online.  I am simply going to intuit's merchant service site.

TaxPandaCPA
Level 4

Hey Jim, you are right. they are the same—QB is owned by Intuit, and users can access the same merchant portal to review from Lacerte, ProSeries, ProConnect, QBD, and QBO's settings page. Best of luck!