Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte - Problems entering Dual State New York AND California W2

JonL
Level 1

Hello,

I am a five-year user of Lacerte.  New York is the one state that requires ALL of the Federal income to show in the State wages box 16 even if the client just worked in NY for a couple of months in 2019. My client worked in NY for 2 months in 2019, then worked in California for last 10 months of 2019, all on the SAME W-2.

I spent over 2 hours with level 1 & level 2 Intuit Lacerte tech support phone reps this Monday asking how to enter this multi-W2 properly into Lacerte.  I was giving incorrect and misleading information by the Level 2 Lacerte tech support rep and NONE of my questions were answered. HORRIBLE!

None of the help files inside the Lacerte program properly address this New York-California multi-state W2 entry. How am I able to enter the numbers knowing that the total income far exceeds Federal--as this is the NY W2 requirement?  None of the information is flowing properly to the NY State return--I have tried entering 3 different ways into Lacerte and both Lacerte phone tech support reps Audrey and Hayley were unable to help me on Monday 3/2/20 and my valuable time was wasted.

Thanks,

JonL

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
IntuitCharlene

Hi Jon,

Thank you for using our ask me anything session today. I have provided your support experience to one of our support managers and they would love to speak with you to help resolve this issue as well as discuss your recent support experience. You'll be hearing from us soon. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers