Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Distributions from S Corp

Tax Geek
Level 1

How to report distributions in excess of Basis (which will be Long Term Capital Gain) on 1120 S 


0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
Level 15

You don't. Report total distributions on the K-1.

You could disclose in a footnote to the K-1.

The shareholder reports the excess on their tax return.